Save the Children’s Dan Peirce and Mattel’s Nancy Molenda drop by to discuss their collaboration on the global blockbuster film Barbie, to help empower girls worldwide
As the Barbie movie hit theaters, waves of people in pink flooded out to watch one of the biggest cultural moments of the year. It was more than just a movie, though; Mattel and Warner Bros. Discovery partnered with one philanthropic partner – Save the Children – to ensure every girl has the confidence to dream.
Mattel is a long-time supporter of Save the Children’s work and was aligned to collaborate on this unique global cause marketing campaign in the belief that all children need to be equally heard and valued – and that no girl is held back based on her gender. The Barbie movie provided a unique opportunity to galvanize consumers around a movie that speaks to this vision.
Unfortunately, many girls develop self-limiting beliefs and stop believing they can be anything as early as six years old. “Barbie” aimed to disrupt gender stereotypes in a way that was empowering, inclusive and inspiring.
In today’s episode, EFG’s Alli Murphy is joined by Dan Peirce, Senior Managing Director of Corporate Partnerships at Save the Children, and Nancy Molenda, Executive Director of the Mattel Children’s Foundation & Global Philanthropy at Mattel.
In today’s episode, we’ll explore:
- Key opportunities for organizations that are partnering on content marketing in global markets – and the unique challenges those types of collaborations require to reach new and more diverse audiences
- Key strategies & tactics for rolling out global cause marketing campaigns
- How to differentiate philanthropic opportunities from other promotional partnerships
- How to work together to ensure campaign messaging supports the creative vision of the content it supports
- What made Save the Children the right philanthropic partner
- How Dan & Nancy prioritize their wellbeing
Dan PeirceSenior Managing Director of Corporate Partnerships, Save the Children
Nancy MolendaExecutive Director of the Mattel Children’s Foundation & Global Philanthropy, Mattel
Meet The Host
Alli is the Managing Director of Engage for Good where she leads a talented team that helps corporate social impact leaders advance their campaigns, careers and organizations through professional development and networking opportunities.
Don’t miss an episode of the podcast! Use the buttons below to subscribe so you’ll get the latest episodes instantly.
Check Out More Episodes