Leadership Coach Kelli Thompson shares insights & practical strategies for navigating restructures, managing new teams, and thriving amid challenges
In today’s ever-evolving corporate social impact landscape, we’re navigating a whirlwind of changes: organizational restructures, individual contributors becoming managers, the rise of cancel culture, and heightened demands for broader initiatives despite stagnant headcount and budgets. While these challenges have placed unique and intense pressures on social impact leaders, we’ve also witnessed a surge of innovation in partnerships and campaigns over the last year.
In today’s episode, EFG’s Alli Murphy is joined by Kelli Thompson, a leadership coach, speaker, and author of “Closing The Confidence Gap,” to discuss strategies for tackling these challenges head-on as we head into the New Year.
In today’s episode, we’ll explore:
- How to level up your leadership and transform your role from doer to leader by using the L.E.S.S. framework
- How to clearly communicate expectations to others and your team
- Leadership strategies after restructuring, particularly in scenarios where leaders are unfamiliar with their new team’s work or are stepping into management for the first time
- Effective coaching methods and recommended questions to guide your team to success
- The role of values in confident leadership, effective delegation, and building a thriving career
- Strategies for navigating increased workload with constrained resources
- Approaches for handling disagreements and fostering collaboration through “calling in” rather than “calling out”
Kelli ThompsonLeadership Coach, Speaker, and Author of “Closing The Confidence Gap
Meet The Host
Alli is the Managing Director of Engage for Good where she leads a talented team that helps corporate social impact leaders advance their campaigns, careers and organizations through professional development and networking opportunities.
Don’t miss an episode of the podcast! Use the buttons below to subscribe so you’ll get the latest episodes instantly.
Check Out More Episodes