BGCA’s Chad Hartman drops by to talk about youth advocacy and the nonprofit’s partnership with Family Dollar
Nearly half of Family Dollar stores are within 10 miles of a Boys & Girls Club and almost 80% are within 25 miles.
In today’s episode, EFG’s Alli Murphy is joined by Chad Hartman, National Vice President of Corporate Partnerships & Engagement at Boys & Girls Clubs of America. Together, they explore the growth and impact of the organization’s partnership with Family Dollar, a collaboration that has evolved since 2014.
In 2022, the partners began exploring how to build a more strategic partnership that would
- Elevate awareness and impact of Family Dollar’s and BGCA’s partnership among customers, vendors, employees and associates
- Support a specific program area while weaving a compelling impact narrative at both national and local levels
- Provide a platform for vendor partners under Family Dollar’s guidance, thereby increasing charitable contributions to BGCA
- Create an emotional and cultural connection between shoppers and the Family Dollar brand
The episode encompasses various topics, including BGCA’s transformative Summit for America’s Youth, Family Dollar’s customer research, the art of leveraging partnerships internally and externally and the importance of impactful stories that resonate at the local and national level.
In today’s episode, we’ll explore:
- An overview of Family Dollar and BGCA’s nine-year partnership
- How shopper research conducted by Family Dollar led to the youth advocacy platform and how these findings shaped the partner’s goals and programs
- Best practices and strategies for engaging employees, customers and vendors
- Chad’s three pieces of advice for building partnerships
This episode is brought to you by Boys & Girls Clubs of America.
Chad HartmanNational Vice President of Corporate Partnerships & Engagement, Boys & Girls Clubs of America
Meet The Host
Alli is the Managing Director of Engage for Good where she leads a talented team that helps corporate social impact leaders advance their campaigns, careers and organizations through professional development and networking opportunities.
Don’t miss an episode of the podcast! Use the buttons below to subscribe so you’ll get the latest episodes instantly.
Check Out More Episodes