JOANN’s Samantha Booth & On Our Sleeve’s Amanda Dove drop by to talk about “Empowerment through Crafting”
As mental health awareness month comes to a close, we wanted to bring you an episode that ties together mental health and corporate social impact. This episode is also the first in our series on POS fundraising.
JOANN, Nationwide Children’s Hospital and On Our Sleeves partnered for “Empowerment through Crafting,” a campaign set to inspire conversations about mental health through creativity. In today’s episode, EFG’s Alli Murphy is joined by JOANN’s Senior Corporate Communication Specialist, Samantha Booth, and Nationwide Children’s Hospital and On Our Sleeves’ Director of Social Impact and Corporate Philanthropy, Amanda Dove, to dive into this campaign.
The partnership and craft projects they’ve co-created since 2021 are designed to help children express themselves while breaking down stigmas around mental health.
In today’s episode, we’ll explore:
- A behind-the-scenes look at “Empowerment through Crafting”
- Advice for listeners looking to develop successful consumer-facing campaigns
- How the partners ensure a mutually beneficial program
- The key factors that contributed to raising half a million in year one and surpassing a million dollars in year two
- How the gained employee buy-in
- The 4 success pillars of their POS fundraising strategy
- The importance of educating and listening to employees
This episode is brought to you by Nationwide Children’s Hospital and On Our Sleeves.
Samantha BoothSenior Corporate Communication Specialist, JOANN
Amanda DoveDirector of Social Impact and Corporate Philanthropy, Nationwide Children’s Hospital and On Our Sleeves
Meet The Host
Alli is the Director of Events & Program Development at Engage for Good where she leads a talented team that helps corporate social impact leaders advance their campaigns, careers and organizations through professional development and networking opportunities.
Don’t miss an episode of the podcast! Use the buttons below to subscribe so you’ll get the latest episodes instantly.
Check Out More Episodes