Today on CauseTalk Radio, Megan and Joe talk to Matt Hodges, Vice President of Public & Investor Relations at GameStop, about the gaming chain’s first-year fundraiser for Autism Speaks that raised a whopping $1.2 Million.
On the show, Megan, Matt and Joe discuss:
- Why GameStop chose Autism Speaks.
- How GameStop surveyed employees to find out what their favorite causes were.
- GameStop’s process for evaluating charities before they partner with them.
- The benefit of partnering with Autism Speaks: because they share GameStop’s international footprint. Megan is hearing this more! Companies want nonprofit partners with international reach.
- GameStop’s current best practices when it comes to executing successful point-of-sale fundraisers. GameStop continues to make it personal and relatable to employees.
- How GameStop communicates autism stories with customers, both through internal assets and social channels.
- News Flash: Is a GameStop candle for Autism Speaks in the works?
- Adding Autism Speaks to the GameStop roster of causes gives them a full plate. What’s next?
- Matt discusses GameStop’s holiday campaign for St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital, which tripled the dollars raised the previous year.
Ep127: GameStop Quadruples High Score, Raises Over $1M for Make-A-Wish
Leave a Reply