Website National Multiple Sclerosis Society
Together We Are Stronger
Open to candidates in San Diego or Los Angeles area
The National Multiple Sclerosis Society mobilizes people and resources to drive research for a cure and to address the challenges of everyone affected by MS. To fulfill this mission, the Society funds cutting-edge research, drives change through advocacy, facilitates professional education, collaborates with MS organizations around the world, and provides programs and services designed to help people with MS and their families move their lives forward. We partner with volunteers to accomplish our work. Staff members engage volunteers through effective and timely communications, facilitating meaningful opportunities, and continually seeking and providing feedback for reciprocal growth and learning.
The Manager, Bike MS will oversee an assigned portfolio in the defined market areas and ensure the successful implementation to reach fundraising and engagement goals. The Manager will cultivate positive relationships with the top participants/teams, volunteer committees, and corporate and community supporters. This position is responsible for relationship building and revenue growth through active management of a teams and top fundraiser portfolios.
The Manager, Bike MS acts as an ambassador for the National MS Society, always striving to engage participants and donors with the mission. This position collaborates across departments to foster participant engagement, exceed participant and donor expectations with the Society and drive fundraising and participation. Strong relationship building skills, a positive, can-do attitude, and a commitment to working as a team are essential for success in this role.
Essential Function/Responsibility (80%)
Implement campaign strategies to engage, recruit, cultivate, and retain participants for assigned events to achieve fundraising success:
- Collaborating with market leadership this position executes operational plans that focus on acquisition, retention and cultivation of top fundraisers, teams, participants, sponsors, etc.
- Manages and cultivates relationships with teams, top fundraisers, participants, sponsors, & volunteers to facilitate increased involvement and giving
- Provides staff support to volunteer committees, recruits, and trains volunteers
- Increases participant and local corporate partner engagement resulting in growth in registrations and fundraising revenue.
- Collaborating with team members, ensure all participants have a positive event experience
- Regularly monitor the performance of fundraising portfolio to ensure timely responsiveness to new registrants, to recognize fundraising and recruitment milestones and to maximize retention.
- Leverage mission related resource to engage participants during the year
- Steward top fundraisers and team captains year-round with mission focus and gratitude.
- Manages event budgets
- Coaches, develops, and supervises market staff responsible for executing the operational plan (when applicable); conducts performance reviews and provides mentorship and feedback to staff to further their skill development (when applicable)
- Other duties as assigned
Facilitates Volunteer Engagement for fundraising and event experience in the assigned event revenue portfolio (20%)
- Engage volunteers through meaningful and impactful work that is well defined and structured by employing the strategies, tools, and resources in their local market.
- Identify, develop, and grow volunteer capacity to achieve measurable and sustainable results while removing obstacles.
- Build and develop volunteer leadership committees to grow revenue and participation in Bike MS.
- Cultivate volunteers, seek, and provide feedback and shares opportunities for reciprocal growth and learning.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree; relevant years of related experience will be considered in lieu of a degree
- 4+ years of related work experience in event planning, volunteer management, sales, marketing, or fundraising is required.
- Proven experience developing collaborative partnerships with others to accomplish goals and objectives
- Proven experience building productive relationships with participants, volunteers, donors, and colleagues
- Goal driven, consistently meeting established goals; proven initiative to enact plans
- Demonstrated competence in oral and written communication
- Proven ability to motivate others to reach common goals
- Strong planning and organizational skills, meeting deadlines and creating plans and tactics
- Expanded KEVA understanding, utilizing competencies to deepen engagement and grow relationships
- Documented professional development plan, supporting growth and continuous learning.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and Microsoft Teams
- Advanced understanding of metrics and data analysis
- Familiar with social media
- Knowledgeable in Luminate, Workday and Donor Drive systems
- Commitment to the mission, vision, cultural values, and expectations of the National MS Society
- This position will be required to drive/travel on Society business. Candidate must possess a valid driver’s license, proof of insurance and reliable transportation. The Society does run motor vehicle checks for all positions which require driving, and the applicant must meet the Society guidelines.
- Availability to work occasional nights and weekends to support events, committee meetings, etc
- Compensation and Benefits Info
Estimated hiring compensation range for this role is $51,000 – $61,000. Final offers are based on candidate geographic location and will take into consideration candidate’s career experience. Final offers may vary from this range due to these and other factors.
You will have the opportunity for a highly competitive, comprehensive benefit package that the Society provides to employees. Your benefits include a considerable Paid Time Off Plan; Paid Holidays; 401k Retirement Savings Plan with Society match; Educational Reimbursement Plan; Professional Development Assistance; Commuter Benefit Plan; Comprehensive Health & Welfare benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Flex Spending Accounts, Life Insurance, Disability Coverage, Life Assistance Plan as well as additional voluntary benefit offerings. We value continuous learning and support your professional development through a Professional Development Assistance plan. You will join an incredible mission focused team of people!
All offers of employment are contingent upon the candidate showing proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (with a COVID-19 FDA-approved vaccine or a COVID-19 vaccine granted Emergency Use Authorization) by the date of hire. A candidate is considered fully vaccinated two weeks after receiving the second dose of a two-dose vaccine (Pfizer or Moderna) or one dose of a single dose vaccine (Johnson & Johnson/Janssen) or as defined by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Candidates unable to be vaccinated, either because of a sincerely held religious belief or a medical condition or disability that prevents them from being vaccinated, can request a reasonable accommodation.
The National MS Society is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce. We strive to create a workforce that reflects the communities we serve and where everyone feels empowered to bring their authentic selves to work. We need you and your unique talents and perspectives to help us write the last chapter on MS.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.adp.com.