Website National Multiple Sclerosis Society
Together We Are Stronger
Are you ready to build a rewarding career making a real impact, changing the world for people living with MS?
To realize our vision we need innovative, collaborative individuals who are motivated and are willing to do what it takes to get the job done. As a Society team member, you will work with urgency and relentless resolve so people with MS can live their best lives.
Does this sound like you? If so, take action now.
Join our dynamic team.
Do life changing work.
The Senior Manager, Bike MS is responsible for driving the Bike MS operational plan for the assigned campaign markets. This role is responsible for leading a staff team to implement key strategies that will drive fundraising activation, retention, cultivation, and acquisition to achieve revenue goals. This position works closely with the development team and across multiple markets to provide feedback and guidance to drive revenue and participation, foster participant engagement, exceed participant and donor expectations.
This position is responsible for relationship building and revenue growth through active management of a complex and robust portfolio inclusive of sponsors, teams, top, top fundraisers, donors, top volunteers, and board members in Bike MS. The Senior Manager works closely with a cross market and cross functional development team to identify and drive revenue across key areas of revenue growth opportunity. The Senior Manager will develop strong networks within the local community and will develop/implement a plan to bring new relationships, teams, corporate sponsors to Bike MS. This position provided leadership and coaching of staff to implement key strategies while adhering to the Society’s cultural values. The Senior Manager regularly evaluates the portfolios across their staff team and adjusts maximize revenue opportunities.
Implement campaign strategies to retain, grow and recruit participants for assigned events (70%)
- Implements operational plans that focus on acquisition, retention and cultivation of top fundraisers, teams, participants, and sponsors in Bike MS
- Partner with market leaders to ensure support of Bike MS operational plan and execution
- Manages a strong and balanced participant portfolio that will include Bike MS teams, top fundraisers, participants, sponsors, and volunteers
- Primary campaign lead in area of oversight for Bike MS; develop strong networks within the local communities, strategic outreach to new and/or develop and grow prospects for potential revenue growth
- Partner with Director/Sr. Director to create the portfolio management plan for area of oversight, guiding and developing strategic relationship management teams designed to drive revenue growth
- Ensures participant relationships and corporate partnerships result in growth in registrations and revenue across assigned markets.
- Working with relationship management teams in markets to engage all staff in revenue growth assessment and the planning process
- Collaborate with the market staff to implement successful team fundraising and recruitment weeks to maximize these efforts
- Regularly monitor the performance of fundraising portfolios to ensure timely responsiveness to new registrants, to recognize fundraising and recruitment milestones and to maximize retention.
- Leverage mission related resource to engage participants during the year and motivate increased fundraising
- Steward top fundraisers, team captains and pipeline relationships year-round
- Monitor campaign metrics to ensure team drivers are being met
- Track and report on revenue growth and progress to make recommendations that enhance revenue performance
Organizational Collaboration & Leadership (15%):
- Implement Society-wide volunteer engagement strategy for assigned events in collaboration with the Society’s Volunteer Engagement and Community Leadership departments
- Partner with development team members and cross-functional teams to identify and cultivate corporate relationships that promote corporate team fundraising
- Serve as contributing leader on cross functional teams to drive series-wide strategies
Staff Supervision and Volunteer Engagement (15%):
- Responsible for the hiring, onboarding, and continued development of direct reports
- Conduct regular check-ins to monitor progress, provide feedback, and offer guidance and support where needed to ensure staff is fully supported in their role
- Ensures staff have the tools, knowledge, and resources necessary to perform job duties effectively as well as opportunities for professional development
- Coach and collaborate on goal-setting and professional development plans and conduct formal and informal performance conversations
- Hold staff accountable to the cultural values of the organization and ensure they follow Society operating principles
- Engages volunteers through meaningful and impactful work that is well defined and structured by employing the strategies, tools, and resources in their local market. Identifies, develops, and grows volunteer capacity (skills and talents) to achieve measurable and sustainable results while removing obstacles
- Ensures volunteer behaviors are aligned with Society Operating Principles; provide timely feedback and coaching to improve performance and behaviors
- Ensures that volunteers are fueling the success and expanding the capacity by coaching to and assisting staff with building action-oriented volunteer leadership committees for fundraising (acquisition of sponsors, teams, and participants) and event experience (the quality of the experience a participant has from the time they register through completion of the event) that will be led by the market Bike MS staff
- Cultivates volunteers, seeks, and provides feedback and shares opportunities for reciprocal growth and learning
- Partner with key staff to maximize engagement and results of committees to increase outreach, acquisition, and awareness
- Encourage volunteer involvement on the part of teams and participant’s connections to enhance the efforts and expand team/participant engagement with the Society
- Bachelor’s degree; At least 10+ years of experience in lieu of degree
Minimum of 5 years of experience preferably in fundraising/sales/event management and/or volunteer management
Supervisory experience preferred
Ability to manage and guide staff and volunteers from a distance while deepening relationships and creating trust
Collaborative approach, ability to work effectively across all levels both internally and externally
Ability to manage multiple priorities, excellent organization, and prioritization
Demonstrated ability in budgeting and analytics to drive measurable results and focus resources on work that will excel revenue growth.
Experience delivering organization initiatives involving significant dollar amounts preferred
Commitment to the mission, vision, cultural values, and expectations of the National MS Society
- Ability to use Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Reporting tools (Metrics that Matter or similar reporting software). Knowledge and ability to use Society technology platforms including Blackbaud, Teams Meeting etc.
- This position will be required to drive/travel on Society business. Candidate must possess a valid driver’s license, proof of insurance and reliable transportation. The Society does run motor vehicle checks for all positions which require driving and the applicant must meet the Society guidelines.
- Availability to work occasional nights and weekends to support events, committee meetings, etc.
Compensation and Benefits Info
Estimated hiring compensation range for this role is $53,000 – $63,000. Final offers are based on candidate geographic location and will take into consideration candidate’s career experience. Final offers may vary from this range due to these and other factors.
You will have the opportunity for a highly competitive, comprehensive benefit package that the Society provides to employees. Your benefits include a considerable Paid Time Off Plan; Paid Holidays; 401k Retirement Savings Plan with Society match; Educational Reimbursement Plan; Professional Development Assistance; Commuter Benefit Plan; Comprehensive Health & Welfare benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Flex Spending Accounts, Life Insurance, Disability Coverage, Life Assistance Plan as well as additional voluntary benefit offerings. We value continuous learning and support your professional development through a Professional Development Assistance plan. You will join an incredible mission focused team of people!
The National MS Society is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce. We strive to create a workforce that reflects the communities we serve and where everyone feels empowered to bring their authentic selves to work. We need you and your unique talents and perspectives to help us write the last chapter on MS.
All offers of employment are contingent upon the candidate showing proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (with a COVID-19 FDA-approved vaccine or a COVID-19 vaccine granted Emergency Use Authorization) by the date of hire. A candidate is considered fully vaccinated two weeks after receiving the second dose of a two-dose vaccine (Pfizer or Moderna) or one dose of a single dose vaccine (Johnson & Johnson/Janssen) or as defined by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Candidates unable to be vaccinated, either because of a sincerely held religious belief or a medical condition or disability that prevents them from being vaccinated, can request a reasonable accommodation.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.adp.com.