Website Multiplying Good
Role: Fundraising Professional
Start Date: As soon as possible, to be mutually agreed
Hiring Status: Fixed Term Contract
Location: Remote, United States
Travel: U.S. travel may be expected as the opportunity and business need arises
To Apply: Candidates should send their resume, a thoughtful cover letter, demonstrating individual fundraising successes to: firstname.lastname@example.org Add “Fundraising Professional” in the subject line, noting where you saw the posting.
About Multiplying Good
At Multiplying Good (MG) we believe individuals are transformed through service to others. By applying service as a tool for personal growth, we help people discover their ability to bring about positive change, hone the skills they need to make that change and, by validating their impact, inspire them to do more. We have proven that this continuum of activation, training, and recognition generates ripples of good.
As an ambitious, mission-driven organization, we engage across a network of communities who are focused on youth development and skills-based training. We work with young people across the United States to increase confidence in their ability to make a difference and build on the skills they need to be successful. We work with organizations to recognize employees for their acts of service in the community, resulting in happier and more productive workplaces and stronger communities. We work with media to create more connected audiences and recognize grassroots unsung heroes in their communities. All together, we highlight the power of service to activate empathetic leaders and changemakers and inspire greater impact through recognition.
We partner directly with schools to deliver the highest-quality service-learning programs to middle and high school students. To fund our programming, we engage broadly at a national level with corporate partners and a dedicated donor base, and we engage deeply in our local communities with individual donors and businesses. We are distributed across the United States, both programmatically and as a workforce. We currently have a presence in the Bay Area, Boston, Chicago, Delaware, Indiana, Greater LA, Minnesota, New York, New Jersey, Pittsburgh, and South Carolina.
Over the next three years, we will transform our ambitious small-medium nonprofit into a national platform focused on service-learning and skills-based training around service. This position is a perfect fit for you if you want to leave your mark on an actively growing organization making an impact in this space. We are building a best-in-class team to transform our organization into the premier platform in our sector. This role is an exciting opportunity to hit the ground running to work with our existing fundraising team in our current locations, and to help identify opportunities to expand into new geographies to scale our programming and elevate our brand.
You will embody the highest standards of professionalism to serve as a collegial pro-active, collaborative, and influential member of a geographically distributed team. You will serve as a catalyst to strengthen a culture of philanthropy, and you will lead and deliver on fundraising efforts to build and sustain an eco-system of donors and supporters across the country.
You will have demonstrated direct experience building and delivering on fundraising targets. You will have direct experience helping to establish and manage effective internal fundraising systems, operations, and workflows to fully optimize your ability to develop pipelines, prospects, and engage donors, and direct experience designing stewardship systems and renewal cycles for maximum revenue generation.
Experience working directly within youth development is highly desired, and experience working collaboratively across all levels of an organization is essential to effectively engage with stakeholders to support, cultivate, and promote a culture of philanthropy.
Required skills, knowledge, and abilities include but are not limited to:
• A demonstrated history of individually securing significant financial gifts of 6 & 7+ figures, multi-year grants, 5 & 6+ figure sponsorships or similar.
• Demonstrated ability to develop and implement strategies and workflows from pipelining, prospect development and donor journeys, and experienced in cultivation and stewardship to additional gifts.
• Demonstrated ability in planning and executing strategic marketing and communications in support of philanthropic goals.
• Experience identifying, inspiring, nurturing, and motivating board members, leadership, volunteers, and other colleagues towards building effective philanthropic eco-systems.
• Highly organized and exceptional written and verbal communication skills to develop and communicate fundraising strategies and materials, potentially to lead and manage fundraising campaigns and projects, and report out to board, leadership, and cross-functional teams.
• Ability to extract and analyze data to make effective, efficient decisions about prospect/constituency engagement strategy and process.
Skills and Experience:
• 7+ years minimum of direct fundraising success
• Experience developing and executing briefs, plans and presentations
• Experience identifying target audiences, personas, and devising effective fundraising strategies or campaigns
• Experience working in a Nonprofit/Social Impact Marketing environment
• 100% self-motivated and accountable to work and colleagues, thriving in a collaborative flexible fast-paced and remote working environment.
• Highly organized, with exceptional project management skills
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook
• Demonstrated blend of highly creative and analytical skills
• Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
• High attention to detail and visual perception skills
• Direct experience mining and preparing CRM reports and analysis
• Continuously curious and up to date on latest trends and best practices in your sector
• Relevant Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
Contractors should propose their preferred fee structure or rate.
Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
Travel may be required as the need and opportunity arise.
While the role is an independent contractor, your role will be as a colleague responsible for co-creation and delivery of fundraising strategies and targets within a team. Your creative and collaborative thinking will be an essential part of the team dynamic.
Multiplying Good is a 501(c)3 nonprofit with 100% remote workforce and welcomes applications from anywhere within the United States. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply. We are committed to building a diverse team to represent the communities we serve, and to pro-actively create a work environment where all voices are heard and valued.
Applicants are actively encouraged to demonstrate their commitment to and understanding of diversity, equity, and inclusion. We pro-actively encourage applicants who have shown a demonstrated commitment to and understanding of diversity, equity, and inclusion, and who are comfortable contributing through the lens of their lived experience. Multiplying Good is committed to living its mission by building a culture of service. At Multiplying Good, we get to spend our time surrounded by people who see service as part of who they are. Multiplying Good strives to ensure everyone interacts thoughtfully, with respect, and with kindness. From our staff, to our consultants, vendors, contractors, partners, and other stakeholders engaged in the work of Multiplying Good, our culture of service is not only core to what we do, it is core to who we are.
How To Apply
Please send your resume, a thoughtful cover letter demonstrating your fundraising successes, and fee/rate preference to: email@example.com
Please add “Fundraising Professional” in the subject line, noting where you saw the job posting.
Please do not apply if you do not have direct experience successfully raising funds. Thank you.
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis until the position is filled. Only candidates with direct fundraising success will be interviewed. All professional confidences will be observed during the application process and until an offer of employment or contract is made. References will be expected and checked prior to confirming any offer. We look forward to talking with you.
To apply for this job please visit www.multiplyinggood.org.