Shatterproof was founded in 2013 to fill the gap for a well-funded, national, coordinated effort to reverse the course of the addiction health crisis, with the singular goal of ending the devastation addiction is causing our families. We know there are science-based solutions that can prevent and treat this disease, and we are committed to what research has proven to be effective. We have identified three priority pillars: transforming addiction treatment, ending addiction stigma, and educating and empowering communities.
Transforming Addiction Treatment: Shatterproof is transforming the U.S. healthcare system for the more than 49 million Americans living with a substance use disorder (SUD). Like anyone suffering from a disease, those with this disease deserve access to treatment that is based on science, complemented by a supportive recovery community, both free of shame and stigma. Removing barriers to lifesaving treatment is a core mission focus of Shatterproof.
Ending Addiction Stigma: Shatterproof’s National Stigma Initiative replicates the success of other transformational social movements—such as HIV/AIDS activism, cancer awareness, and marriage equality—in catalyzing the change needed to create a more tolerant, more compassionate, and healthier future. We are committed to creating solutions that are adept at changing attitudes and behaviors and ultimately closing SUD treatment gaps and health inequities for historically disadvantaged populations who experience compounded discrimination and bias.
Supporting and Empowering Communities: Shatterproof is committed to educating and empowering our families and communities nationwide by providing supportive and evidence-based resources related to prevention, treatment and recovery from addiction.
You can learn more in our 2022/2023 Return on Investment Report here.
The Director of Corporate Partnerships is a new role created to respond to the increasing interest from corporations to support Shatterproof’s important work. As the first hire focused entirely on building corporate partnerships, the Director will have the opportunity to develop overall vision, strategy, and approach for the department. As the program grows, you’ll be able to build a team to support a growing portfolio of corporate partnerships that provide sustainable, long-term resources to support Shatterproof’s many life-saving programs.
Your approach will include how the team identifies, locks, and builds these partnerships for long-term success and the internal processes and resources needed to enable that success. You will identify Shatterproof’s value proposition that connects with a company’s business goals and create partnership opportunities that center a win/win framework for both Shatterproof and its corporate partners. You will build long-term relationships with corporate executives, ensure efficient, scalable, and collaborative processes and systems, and serve as a knowledgeable leader in growing our corporate partnerships program to bring significant funding for our life-saving mission.
There are significant growth opportunities with this role.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and oversee the vision, strategy, and approach for corporate partnership and fundraising to meet year 1 goals and set future goals
- Build an evolving corporate partnership model at Shatterproof that uses innovative strategies and best practices to recruit a large portfolio of companies from a variety of sectors to partner with Shatterproof.
- Work alongside external consultants/vendors to fine-tune strategy, sales strategy, partnership benefits, and partnership execution.
- Manage current portfolio of corporate partners, ensuring Shatterproof exceeds expectations on all deliverables and position the partnership for renewal.
- Lead partnership conversations with current and potential partners including building strategy, leading pitches, identifying new opportunities, and ultimately working towards substantial growth from diverse revenue sources.
- Guide corporate partners through each step of the process — from prospecting to pitching to contracting, partnership launch, partnership execution, and renewal.
- Work alongside internal teams to build efficient and collaborative processes and systems to support corporate partnerships. Identify resources needed to succeed and partner with senior management to develop resource plans for long-term success.
- Be a liaison between corporate partners and internal teams by helping to align on shared vision, goals, and projects — while navigating any challenges that may arise with a positive, solutions-orientation
- Serve as a trustworthy mentor and leader, bringing new ideas and ways to scale and manage corporate partnerships and ideating how to execute these goals
- Oversee successful execution of cause marketing campaigns in collaboration with the marketing and communications teams
- Help develop compelling proposals working alongside program and finance leadership. Track partnership impact against our goals in collaboration with program, finance, and marketing teams to communicate back to partners and show our progress
- Represent Shatterproof’s mission in presentations, panels, and other speaking engagements at industry conferences and events
- Build and maintain strong professional relationships with senior leadership from companies that partner with Shatterproof and potential companies
- Other tasks, duties, or special projects as assigned
- Travel approximately 20% of the time for pitch/partner meetings, industry conferences and events, and other business needs.
- Proven Partnership Builder: You have demonstrated experience building mutually beneficial partnerships between nonprofits and corporations. You have a strong grasp of brand marketing and make value-driven decisions by selecting mission-aligned partners, unafraid to decline opportunities when necessary.
- Goal-Oriented: You prioritize objectives and deadlines, ensuring projects are successfully completed on time meeting your high expectations. You understand that achieving measurable goals is essential for our program’s growth and impact.
- Supportive Leader: You possess a motivational mindset, celebrating achievements and fostering a high-performing team in a fast-paced environment. You focus on individual professional development and lead with empathy.
- Experienced: You boast a proven history of successful corporate fundraising, including the implementation of comprehensive cause marketing campaigns and the establishment of collaborative processes with cross-departmental partners.
- Strategic Thinker: Your approach is methodical and detail-oriented, with an emphasis on forward-thinking and continuous improvement. You meticulously plan and execute tasks, aiming to enhance both yourself and the team’s impact.
- Inspirational: You are prepared to inspire your team and drive Shatterproof’s team toward its financial objectives. Your leadership is crucial for attracting transformative partnerships that contribute to the organization’s growth.
- Innovative: You assess current practices and envision numerous possibilities for improvement. You love the word “iterate” and use data to identify new strategies for success.
- Effective Interpersonal Skills: You excel in navigating challenging situations, finding common ground, and managing expectations among team members and across departments. You listen intently, seek feedback, and work towards alignment in times of friction.
- Organized and Efficient: You can oversee multiple complex projects simultaneously. Your communication is clear and concise, and you swiftly identify problems, devising and implementing solutions.
- Passionate: You’re passionate about Shatterproof’s mission. You are driven by the desire to make a positive impact on the world.
- 5-7 years of experience securing and managing social impact partnerships
- Ability and willingness to travel domestically required
- Understanding of Substance Use Disorder a plus
- Ability and authorization to work in the US required
- Ability to work Eastern Time Zone hours required
To apply for this job please visit 20220317150420_xnfr2kgtktbjnbw8.applytojob.com.