Website Habitat for Humanity International
At Habitat for Humanity International, HFHI, our national direct marketing program is going through significant growth and transformation, and we are hiring five new team members! Do you love crossing the intersection between various direct marketing channels? Are you an incredible and tenacious project manager who thrives on new challenges and seeing projects through to completion? Does innovation and having a national impact for years to come appeal to you?
For over 30 years, Habitat’s direct marketing program has had a national fundraising footprint. With the program’s long-term success, we now have the opportunity to re-imagine fundraising. The direct marketing team’s work is evolving in an exciting way, and we need your expertise to make it happen. We are developing an omni-channel, more digitally-focused approach to the way we raise funds to support the mission, and are also changing the way we raise funds in collaboration with our 1,100 affiliates across the US. The right candidate will join a team of talented and passionate professionals who are reshaping the future of Habitat’s direct marketing and fundraising!
About the Role:
We are seeking to hire an experienced Direct Marketing Operations Manager. The Direct Marketing Operations Manager is a two-year term position that will assist the Direct Marketing Database team with management of issues related to day-to-day work and projects that will allow the direct marketing team to move programs to the next level of omni-channel marketing and develop a more cohesive work product inclusive of the national and affiliate marketing efforts. The work will involve monitoring and resolving issues with the IT staff. The Direct Marketing Database team also works with IT, setting up and managing annual marketing efforts within the CRM, and documenting business processes and other logic used in the work around the Direct Marketing Program.
This position will be based at our headquarters office in Atlanta, GA and may be eligible to work several days a week remotely.
– Management of tickets with IT (20%)
– Manage direct marketing effort set-up in CRM/Marketing Database (20%)
– Manage new package, segments and creatives data within the CRM/Marketing Database (10%)
– Ensure business process and global change logic (within the CRM/Marketing database) documentation are current (20%)
– Manage access to SharePoint/CRM for vendor partners (10%)
– Assist with testing and validation associated with new projects in CRM (20%)
– Bachelor’s degree
– 5+ years in a direct marketing related role and experience working with CRM databases – Blackbaud, Razor’s Edge and SalesForce
– Highly effective at prioritization across multiple projects/workstreams
– Expert at using SmartSheets and MS SharePoint
– Effective and clear oral and written communication
– Experience developing and executing LEAN operational solutions
– Experience managing Marketing Operations processes including database management, segmentation and field mapping
– Strong attention to detail
– Data-driven problem solver
Active support of HFHI Values & Commitments:
– Humility – We are part of something bigger than ourselves
– Courage – We do what’s right, even when it is difficult or unpopular
– Accountability – We take personal responsibility for Habitat’s mission
– Safeguarding — HFHI requires that all employees take seriously their ethical responsibilities to safeguarding our intended beneficiaries, their communities, and all those with whom we work. Managers at all levels have responsibilities to support and develop systems that create and maintain an environment that prevents harassment, sexual exploitation and abuse, safeguards the rights of beneficiaries and community members (especially children), and promotes the implementation of Habitat for Humanity’s code of conduct.
– Strong team player, willing and able to lead as well as step in and assist
– Omni-channel marketing experience
About Habitat for Humanity:
Habitat for Humanity, founded in 1976, is a global, Christian-based nonprofit organization that grew out of an intentionally multi-racial community in rural Georgia. Seeking to put God’s love into action, Habitat brings together people of all faiths and people of no faith to build homes, communities and hope. Working alongside each other, we help families and individuals build and improve places to call home and achieve the strength, stability and self-reliance they need to build better lives for themselves. Habitat seeks individuals who have a willingness to affirm these principles and values.
At Habitat for Humanity International, we embrace a history rooted in creating equity and take our mission seriously by courageously committing to a culture and workplace where all staff feel safe, welcome, visible, respected, supported and valued. As an equal opportunity employer, we realize that our success depends upon building an inclusive workforce of diverse perspectives and encourage people of varied races, ethnicities, national origins, tribes, religions, ages, gender identities and expressions, genders, sexual orientations, marital statuses, disabilities, veteran/reserve national guard statuses, socio-economic statuses, thinking and communication styles to work with us.
We also require that all staff take seriously their ethical responsibilities to safeguarding our intended beneficiaries, their communities (especially children), and all those with whom we work. In line with the prevention of sexual exploitation and abuse, all staff must pass a thorough background screening and will be held accountable to upholding our policies around ethical behavior, including safeguarding and whistleblowing.
To apply for this job please visit sjobs.brassring.com.