Website Big Brothers Big Sisters of America
JEDI-focused youth mentoring organization
The Director, Development Cause Marketing (DD-CM) will be a direct report to the National Vice President of Development & Corporate Engagement and will have primary responsibility for leading and supporting activities associated with corporate cause marketing activities. The (DD-CM) will be an active contributor to the fundraising efforts at Big Brothers Big Sisters of America (BBBSA) and will provide the leadership and expertise required to grow the organization’s capabilities around cause marketing, both at the National and local Agency level.
BBBSA currently has a diverse and active portfolio of accounts, and this role aims to deepen and develop those partnerships while also continuing to prospect and launch new, innovative alliances. To do so, the DD-CM will have four priority work areas: 1) Stewarding existing cause marketing and corporate development partnerships 2) Building out and executing fundraising concepts associated with new cause marketing partnerships 3) Supporting the overall growth goals for annual campaign revenue and 4) Ensuring all components of assigned partnerships are achieved, tracked, and maintained at best-in-class standards.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
● Collaboratively lead and manage the day-to-day processes related to the strategic development, design, execution, and evaluation of BBBSA’s existing cause marketing/corporate development accounts.
● Research and identify top prospects to support growth goals associated with BBBSA’s cause marketing initiatives (point of sale (POS) omni-channel campaigns). Develop plans for entry, solicitation and securing new business partners.
● Identify and assist with POS technology needs and system supports used in corporate partner fundraising and cause marketing strategies.
● Engage leaders throughout the BBBSA Agency Network in National plans for executing integrated partnership opportunities and to bring fundraising proposals/agreements to scale.
● Develop and maintain proposal/presentation resources, as well as a cause-marketing specific resource library used in pitching prospective partners, with the goal of supporting incremental revenue, awareness, and impact at the National level and amongst the BBBSA Network of 230+ local agencies.
● Create and maintain corporate sales associate/employee engagement best practice templates and tactics to assist BBBSA corporate partners in the execution of cause marketing campaigns.
● Initiate collaborative work with all BBBSA team members, including integrated marketing, public relations, creative, web, communications, celebrities, advertising, etc. to produce comprehensive cause marketing strategies that build awareness and drive consumer engagement for cause partnerships. Look for opportunities for extreme collaboration with other teams to amplify partnerships, brand message and understanding.
● In collaboration with National Corporate Development team members, track the status and deliverables for each partner as it relates to contractual agreements (fund distribution, number of communications, resources provided, etc.). Assist corporate partners with solution development and management of key performance indicators.
● Maintain current knowledge of philanthropic brands and ESG (Environmental, Social and Governance) strategies to develop and help deploy partnership proposals that align with corporate giving trends. Ensure activation concepts align with mission-centered engagements, employee engagement, and consumer activation trends.
● Attend relevant corporate partner and BBBSA events, conferences, or webinars to discover new initiatives and/or to identify prospects aligned to BBBSA strategic growth plans.
● Support the key deliverables of the Corporate Development team including conference sponsorship, year-end giving, key affinity month activations, donor impact and reporting (annual report, society recognition), 3rd party resources, internal systems alignment, and Network activations.
● Assist in the design and optimization of the strategic partnerships process and account management cadence across the Network utilizing Salesforce and other internal project management resources (Asana, SharePoint).
● Recommend new procedures and tools to improve synergies throughout the BBBSA Network and between National team departments in order to realize the goal of expanded impact through transformative partnerships.
To apply for this job please visit Bbbs.org.