SAN JOSE, Calif., Oct. 22 2018 /PRNewswire/ — eBay and NASCAR today launched their first joint charity sale giving fans the opportunity to bid on autographed memorabilia and once-in-a-lifetime racing experiences.
Today, beginning at 3:30pm PT, through Nov. 1, fans can visit eBay.com/NASCAR and bid on 20 items including a chance to see who wins the 2018 Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series live at Homestead-Miami Speedway and the chance to be a VIP at the 2019 Daytona 500.
In addition, fans can win meet and greets with seven-time NASCAR Champion Richard Petty, Chase Elliott and Joey Logano; as well as autographed memorabilia from Dale Earnhardt, Jr., Jeff Gordon and much more.
“NASCAR is synonymous with a truly passionate fan base, and eBay fuels this passion while helping people come together to make an impact,” said Suzy Deering, Chief Marketing Officer of eBay Americas. “We understand the apparel, memorabilia and merchandise are ways for fans to show allegiance for their favorite drivers – and show support for causes they believe in. In collaboration with the NASCAR community, eBay is now offering a wide-range of exclusive inventory that helps children finish first through programs of the NASCAR Foundation and our eBay for Charity platform. True to our mission of opportunity for all, eBay brings new ways for the racing community to give back to the next generation of fans.”
One hundred percent of the proceeds from each item will benefit The NASCAR Foundation’s programs for children.
The NASCAR Foundation believes every child should have a chance at a healthy life and deserves to get across the finish line. Through the Speediatrics Children’s Fund and Betty Jane France Humanitarian Award, the Foundation is making children’s health and medical needs its top priority.
“We are thrilled to partner with eBay to provide these very unique items to their customers,” The NASCAR Foundation Executive Director, Nichole Krieger said. “At the end of the day, it’s all about the kids. Funds raised through this auction will help us provide much needed healthcare services to children in our racing communities across the country.”
VIP experiences and signed racing memorabilia available include:
- 2019 Daytona 500 VIP Experience
- 2018 Homestead-Miami Speedway VIP Experience with NASCAR Suite Passes
- Richard Petty Meet and Greet Experience
- iRacing Experience with NASCAR Driver William Byron
- Meet and Greet with NASCAR Driver Chase Elliott
- NASCAR on NBC Sports Behind-the-Scenes Experience
- Meet and Greet with NASCAR Driver Joey Logano
- 2018 NASCAR Champion’s Week Package in Las Vegas, NV
- American Ethanol Green Flag autographed by Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series Drivers
- Martin Truex Jr. Autographed Side Panel Sheet Metal
- Joey Logano Autographed Hood
- Dale Earnhardt, Jr. Autographed Replica Full-Size Helmet
- Ty Dillon Autographed Race-Used Firesuit
- Helmet Visor signed by Richard Petty and Bubba Wallace
- Paralyzed Veterans of America Hat Autographed by Brad Keselowski
- Alex Bowman Autographed Diecast
- Jeff Gordon Autographed 24EVER Framed Photo
- NASCAR Replica Hood autographed by Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series Drivers
- The Glass Case of Emotion autographed Poster
- Full Size Replica Helmet autographed by Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series Drivers
Additionally, the autographed American Ethanol Green Flag and Dale Earnhardt Jr. Autographed Replica Helmet will be available to view at SEMA in Las Vegas from Oct. 30 to Nov. 2 at booth no. 30219.
About The NASCAR Foundation
The National Association for Stock Car Auto Racing Inc. (NASCAR) established The NASCAR Foundation in January 2006to support initiatives that positively affect the lives of children throughout the United States. The 501(c) (3) non-profit entity partners with medical experts and other charitable organizations to fund children’s health care programs. The NASCAR Foundation has cumulatively donated more than $32 million to reach more than one million children. For more information on The NASCAR Foundation, please visit: NASCARfoundation.org. Follow The NASCAR Foundation on Facebook at www.Facebook.com/NASCARFoundation or on Twitter: @NASCAR_FDN.
About eBay for Charity
eBay for Charity, a part of eBay (Nasdaq: EBAY), helps enable members of the eBay community to connect with and support their favorite charities when they buy or sell in the U.S. and abroad. Sellers can donate up to 100 percent of the proceeds to a charity of their choice, while buyers can add a donation to their purchase during checkout. To date, nearly $810 million dollars has been raised for charity by the eBay community.
About eBay Motors
eBay Motors (www.ebay.com/motors) is one of the world’s largest marketplaces for buying and selling all things automotive. The site offers everyday cars for everyday drivers, as well as collector cars, motorcycles, auto parts and accessories.
SOURCE eBay for Charity