CHARLESTON, S.C., Oct. 23, 2018 /PRNewswire/ — Blackbaud, Inc. (NASDAQ: BLKB), the world’s leading cloud software company powering social good, today released its first Blackbaud Social Responsibility Report, providing an overview of the company’s global social responsibility, governance and ethical practices.
“Blackbaud’s commitment to building a better world isn’t an add-on or an afterthought—it’s who we are,” said Blackbaud President and CEO Mike Gianoni. “As a Shared Value company, we are committed to driving social good while addressing market needs and creating lasting value for our customers, employees, shareholders and the broader social economy. It is important to us to remain transparent and accountable, and we are pleased to introduce our first Blackbaud Social Responsibility Report to highlight how we live our values and operate in a way that contributes to global good. We look forward to continuing these efforts over the next year and beyond.”
Through purpose-built cloud software, services, data intelligence and expertise, Blackbaud’s 3,400 worldwide employees serve more than 40,000 in more than 60 countries in their own efforts to build a better world. The release of the 2018 Blackbaud Social Responsibility Report underscores the company’s longstanding commitment to social good that permeates Blackbaud’s worldwide operations, from its people practices to its sustainability efforts. The company will use this initial report as a baseline to track its progress and identify ways to innovate and expand on its practices and standards in the future.
“Blackbaud leads uniquely at the intersection of technology and social good; it’s our responsibility and privilege to serve both of these communities,” said Rachel Hutchisson, vice president, Corporate Citizenship and Philanthropy at Blackbaud. “Social responsibility has been part of Blackbaud’s DNA for more than 37 years, including our proud support of the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Blackbaud supports SDG 17—to revitalize the global partnership for sustainable development—with the work we do every day through technology innovations, sector research, and valuable partnerships in the social good community. Through Blackbaud’s corporate citizenship initiatives, we’re not just powering the Ecosystem of Good, we’re participating in it.”
The report outlines Blackbaud’s achievements in diversity and inclusion, vendor management and procurement, ethical standards and data privacy, and sustainability. Key honors and accomplishments from the past year include:
- Blackbaud was named one of Forbes’ “Best Employers for Diversity” and “Best Employers for Women,” recognizing our longstanding commitment to diversity and inclusion. Blackbaud was also named one of AnitaB.org’s “Top Companies for Women Technologists.”
- From clean-up projects in their communities to STEM tutoring, 84% of Blackbaud employees participated in volunteer efforts over the past year.
- In 2017, Blackbaud donated 2.6% of pre-tax profit through grants, cash, volunteering, and thought leadership. In addition, Blackbaud’s largest donation in the company’s history, a $1 million gift to the International African American Museum, helped the organization reach funding and start the building phase this year.
- As an early adopter of cutting-edge data privacy and cybersecurity standards, Blackbaud furthered its commitment to keeping its customers’ data safe and secure by ensuring, where applicable, its products and internal processes comply with—and enable its customers to comply with—the European Union General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
- In June, Blackbaud opened its new world headquarters in Charleston, S.C. The company designed the 172,000-square-foot, eco-friendly world headquarters to demonstrate its passion for technology and powering social good. The new facility provides a foundation for Blackbaud’s continued expansion and growth, offering a modern workplace for employees and an Innovation Center to foster collaboration among the world’s change agents.
To view the 2018 Blackbaud Social Responsibility Report, click here.
Click to tweet: Powering #socialgood: @Blackbaud releases inaugural social responsibility report https://blkb.co/2O3jH7i
Blackbaud (NASDAQ: BLKB) is the world’s leading cloud software company powering social good. Serving the entire social good community-nonprofits, foundations, companies, education institutions, healthcare organizations and individual change agents—Blackbaud connects and empowers organizations to increase their impact through cloud software, services, expertise, and data intelligence. The Blackbaud portfolio is tailored to the unique needs of vertical markets, with solutions for fundraising and CRM, marketing, advocacy, peer-to-peer fundraising, corporate social responsibility, school management, ticketing, grantmaking, financial management, payment processing, and analytics. Serving the industry for more than three decades, Blackbaud is headquartered in Charleston, South Carolina and has operations in the United States, Australia, Canada and the United Kingdom. For more information, visit www.blackbaud.com.
Blackbaud Media Contact
Director, External Affairs
Except for historical information, all of the statements, expectations, and assumptions contained in this news release are forward-looking statements that involve a number of risks and uncertainties. Although Blackbaud attempts to be accurate in making these forward-looking statements, it is possible that future circumstances might differ from the assumptions on which such statements are based. In addition, other important factors that could cause results to differ materially include the following: general economic risks; uncertainty regarding increased business and renewals from existing customers; continued success in sales growth; management of integration of acquired companies and other risks associated with acquisitions; risks associated with successful implementation of multiple integrated software products; the ability to attract and retain key personnel; risks related to our dividend policy and share repurchase program, including potential limitations on our ability to grow and the possibility that we might discontinue payment of dividends; risks relating to restrictions imposed by the credit facility; risks associated with management of growth; lengthy sales and implementation cycles, particularly in larger organization; technological changes that make our products and services less competitive; and the other risk factors set forth from time to time in the SEC filings for Blackbaud, copies of which are available free of charge at the SEC’s website at www.sec.gov or upon request from Blackbaud’s investor relations department. All Blackbaud product names appearing herein are trademarks or registered trademarks of Blackbaud, Inc.