Today on CauseTalk Radio, Megan and Joe talk to Robert Thomsen, Vice President & General Manager of Merchandising & Marketing for BoxLunch, a civic-minded specialty retailer with an online site and eight physical stores and many more on the way!
With every $10 spent on the site, BoxLunch helps provide a meal to a person in need through its partnership with Feeding America.
On the show, Megan, Robert and Joe discuss:
• How BoxLunch got started – it’s only a year-old and focused on millennial shoppers.
• Why BoxLunch chose Feeding America and whether they will add additional charities.
• How BoxLunch donated over 70,000 meals in its first 30 days of operation.
• The success BoxLunch is having telling the Feeding America story in stores – and how it trains its employees to tell that story.
• What other cause businesses BoxLunch looked to for inspiration
• Why they decided to embed cause marketing into their business right from the start
• How much cause has contributed to BoxLunch’s success.
• How BoxLunch is involving their vendors in supporting Feeding America.
• Critical lessons learned as BoxLunch has ramped up their business.