Accelerist has analyzed historical recession data to provide you with the information needed in order to help your partnership strategy thrive with the current economic state in mind. This research identified 5 purpose trends to note in 2023:
- Values-Led CSR – the values of a company’s workforce and consumer base will need to shape what issues and organizations they support.
- Authenticity and Action – consumers expect brands to lead change in 2023, not just keep up.
- Connection – companies and causes can help people find their personal purpose that makes them feel more connected, supported, and fulfilled.
- The Influence of Technology – the next online evolution into alternate worlds, metaverses and augmented realities will have a greater impact on a brand’s purpose.
- Comprehensive and Integrated Purpose – better integration and measurement can help brands make smarter decisions about their investments and understand their impact on bottom line.
- Hospitals are the #1 industry in the U.S., defined by 2023 revenue.
- CBD Products and Manufacturing is the #1 fastest-growing industry in the U.S., defined by the 2023 Anticipated Revenue Growth.
- Hiring freezes will be more common than mass layoffs in 2023. Job losses will be concentrated in sectors that are sensitive to credit conditions, such as real estate.
- Measurement is the #1 topic (57%) CSR executives want to know more about.
- The highest demand from leadership in 2022 was for greater integration of CSR with ESG (44%), to measure impact (39%) and integration with DEI (36%).