The world is changing exceedingly and quickly. It’s important for brands to have a deep understanding of the marketplace, cultural & social trends and stakeholder demands. The 2021 Porter Novelli Purpose Premium Index looks at the relationship between Purpose and Reputation, as what companies can do to produce the largest reputational gains.
6,000 U.S. adults were surveyed for this study. Individual company responses were collected from 200 respondents per company.
- There is an 87% correlation between Purpose and reputation
- 75% of Americans say it is no longer acceptable for companies just to make money; they must positively impact society too
- 69% say they are less likely to support companies that are clearly only in business to make money
- 86% of investors say companies should work for the benefit of all stakeholders, not just shareholders
- 73% say to win their support, companies must show how they are supporting communities and the environment