Today on CauseTalk Radio, Megan and Joe talk to co-founders Kevin Finn and Mark Edelson of Iron Hill Brewery & Restaurant, a chain of a privately owned restaurants known for their handcrafted beers and New American cuisine. Iron Hill is also known for its cause marketing, having raised $200,000 for children’s pediatric cancer.
On the show, Megan, Kevin, Mark and Joe discuss:
- How Iron Hill got involved with CureSearch and fighting children’s pediatric cancer.
- How Iron Hill decided on a dessert to benefit CureSearch.
- To Joe’s delight, Kevin and Mark describes the Triple Chocolate Hill, a double fudge brownie topped with vanilla ice cream, peanut butter-caramel sauce, chocolate sauce and whipped cream.
- Since 2004, Iron Hill has raised $200k by selling the dessert at 12 locations.
- Kevin and Mark discuss their partnership with CureSearch and what a great partner they’ve been.
- This fundraiser is unique in that it’s promoted year-round. How does Iron Hill sustain the enthusiasm for the fundraiser, especially with employees.
- What’s the business benefit to Iron Hill of working with causes like CureSearch?
- People have high expectations of restaurants when it comes to giving back. How does Iron Hill deal with this challenge?
- What advice would Mark and Kevin give a restaurant about supporting a charity.