One of the first things you’ve undoubtedly learned about cause marketing is that it’s not exempt from legal regulation.
In this FREE webinar, we’ll explore commercial co-venturer (CCV) laws. Approximately twenty states currently have CCV laws designed to protect consumers and charities against fraudulent or misleading advertising and to help sure that promised donations get delivered to the proper place.
In this webinar, attorney Ed Chansky will:
- Walk you through a sample CCV contract (you will also receive a copy of this sample contract)
- Explain why each section is there. Several are mandated by specific state laws.
- Share where the questions typically arise.
- Explore what types of areas some sponsors (or nonprofits) sometimes wish to add/expand voluntarily (and things to watch out for when doing so).
- Outline where, why, and by whom a copy of the CCV agreement would get filed with state government agencies.
- Explain what might be different for a different transaction types, particularly a donation-at-checkout program which is not normally covered by the CCV laws.