Public Inc.'s Phil Haid shares how important #APaidWeekOff was for his company and how they made it happen
The last 18 months have been exhausting. For many of us, work has gotten busier and we’re cooped up at home where it’s harder to take a break. Burnout is at a frighteningly high level.
What can we do about it and how can you best care for your social impact teams that are doing incredibly important work?
There are a variety of different things you can do and today we’re covering one of them.
Bumble recently gave nearly all its employees #APaidWeekOff to shut off, focus on themselves and combat burnout. LinkedIn did something similar in April – so did Benevity, HootSuite, The Trevor Project and today’s guest – Public Inc. Each organization gave all – or a large swath of – their employees a paid week off at the same time.
In today’s episode, Engage for Good’s Alli Murphy is joined by Phil Haid, Founder & CEO of Public Inc. to talk about how Phil and his team made it happen, what the impact was like and his advice for others who are interested in giving it a shot.
Tune into today’s episode to learn all about:
- Why Phil decided on a collective week off (instead of extra vacation whenever employees wanted to use it)
- The steps Public Inc. took to make it a reality
- What the feedback was like from employees and clients (spoiler alert – it was really good!)
- Why this is important for organizations in the social impact space
- How Phil would approach this conversation with a CEO
- Phil’s advice for getting leadership buy-in for #APaidWeekOff
Elevate Your Social Impact
Sign up for Engage for Good’s newsletter
Check out past Cause Talk Radio episodes
Access free resources
Check out our monthly webinars
Let Alli know what you think of the show!