Today on CauseTalk Radio, Megan and Joe talk to Scott Welch, Global Corporate Relations Manager, at Columbia Sportswear Company about their national cause marketing program with the National Park Foundation called Find Your Park.
Megan, Scott and Joe discuss:
- Columbia Sportswear’s deep commitment to cause marketing. They know that people wear their brand over their hearts and want that to mean something to customers.
- With an aging consumer base with little diversity, Columbia realized that cause marketing could help them connect with millennials of all backgrounds.
- In 2013, Columbia Sportswear, REI and National Park Foundation teamed up for Find Your Park, which took Latino bloggers on a week-long excursion to a national park. The result: 60 million media impressions!
- In 2015, Find Your Park will take a group of multicultural millennials to Mesa Verde National Park in Colorado.
- The challenge of doing cause marketing when you are a business-to-business and have to work through retails partners, like REI, to tell your story.
- Other programs Columbia supports, like Breast Cancer Awareness Month, and what they do to stand out from their competitors and communicate their support to consumers.
- Columbia’s success with action-triggered donation campaigns to promote their footwear line and raise $25,000 for two charity partners.
- What Columbia Sportswear has learned from Patagonia – and what we can learn about Columbia from comparing the two!
- How Columbia engages its employees in cause programs – and the challenge of supporting a global workforce.