Today on CauseTalk Radio, Megan and Joe talk to Mollye Rhea, President of For Momentum, an Atlanta-based cause-related marketing agency.
With Mollye, we tackle one of the toughest issues for nonprofits – how to identify, sell and close new corporate partnerships. It’s not easy! Fortunately, we have one of the best partnership experts in the business on today’s show.
Since Mollye founded For Momentum in 2003, she’s helped over 60 clients with projects ranging from setting strategy to valuing campaign ROI. She and her team have created and grown more than 75 partnerships, raising tens of millions for non-profit clients and directing millions in support to corporate clients. Mollye is also the leader of the annual Nonprofit Corporate Alliance Leadership Summit at the Cause Marketing Forum Conference. Do check out her workshop (note…registration for Mollye’s workshop is in addition to the conference registration).
On today’s show we discuss:
- How Mollye’s cause marketing career began with a for-profit position in sales.
- What most people call sales, nonprofits are more comfortable calling “Collaboration Building.”
- How recruiting should begin with a “warm relationship” (aka existing business partner).
- How your starting point with businesses is not your mission, your marketing match is. Where do your assets align with a businesses’ needs.
- What is the right department to reach out to within a business? What’s the best type of communication (voice calls, email, etc.)?
- How not to blow the first meeting with a company with the 70/30 rule.
- What questions you should ask during that first meeting and how to make the prospect the star.
- How to close the deal!
Mentioned In This Podcast
Part 1: Secrets To Cause Partnership Sales Success
Part 2: Secrets to Cause Selling Success
Part 3: Secrets to Cause Marketing Sales Success
Leave a Reply