Free Thanks To Sponsorship by For MomentumAccess Recording Now! (Free)
Google.org launched the AI for Social Impact program to direct funding and the best-in-class skills of Googlers through the Google.org Fellowship. From the first round of more than 2,600 applicants, Google selected The Trevor Project as one of 20 winners to test the efficacy of leveraging artificial intelligence to create measurable social impact.
The result was a robust and multi-faceted initiative called “Leveraging AI to Save Young LGBTQ Lives” that was selected not only to win a Gold Halo Award in the Employee Engagement category in 2020, but also selected by judges as the overall ‘Best of the Best’ program from all of this year’s Halo Award winners. Listeners will have the opportunity to dive deeper into their award-winning employee engagement strategies and partnership wins.
This incredible partnership enabled Trevor to:
- More accurately predict risk-level for text/chat crisis contacts and more quickly serve LGBTQ youth at highest risk of suicide enabling them to serve 3x more high/imminent risk crisis contacts
- Transform its technology department and integrate leading-edge technology into all aspects of its programs, going from a technology department of one to more than twenty.
And for Google.org, the results included:
- Deep employee engagement and positive employee sentiment – even while 100% remote due to the pandemic
- A robust case study exemplifying how Google.org can leverage its technical expertise to collaborate with nonprofits to support underserved communities
- High-profile press and media opportunities highlighting the “uniquely Google impact” of the partnership
In this webinar (sponsored by For Momentum) moderated by Mollye Rhea, you’ll get a glimpse into the inner workings of this tremendous partnership from Google.org’s Jen Carter and The Trevor Project’s Shira Kogan.
You will learn:
- The importance of selecting high impact challenges to achieve deep engagement
- How to design a spectrum of employee experiences that offer multiple levels of engagement
- Practical examples of how AI, machine learning, and emerging technologies can create meaningful impact