Julie Laird Davis, former VP of Corporate and Cause Marketing Partnerships drops by to talk about their signature cause marketing campaign, Home is the Key
In today’s episode, EFG’s Alli Murphy is joined by Julie Laird Davis, former Vice President of Corporate and Cause Marketing Partnerships at Habitat for Humanity International to talk about the organization’s signature cause marketing campaign, Home is the Key (HITK).
HITK showcases how a safe and decent home can enhance the quality of life for families and individuals. It inspires others to join forces and eliminate the problem of substandard housing. The campaign occurs each April (this is its 7th year) and focuses on Habitat’s initiatives to improve communities nationwide and homeownership’s important role in helping them thrive.
This year, Habitat is focusing on neighborhood revitalization with corporate partners such as At Home (a home decor superstore), Kum & Go (a family-owned convenience store) and Resideo (a smart home products company). Habitat is also leveraging influencers to promote Home is the Key and bring attention to the need for affordable housing.
In today’s episode, we’ll explore:
- An overview of the 2023 HITK initiative and Habitat’s corporate partners
- The shift from home builds to neighborhood revitalization and why that decision was made
- How Habitat is leveraging influencers to elevate the conversation
- Best practices and lessons learned in working with corporate partners
- How Habitat integrates its cause marketing and programmatic strategies
- Key elements that make the Home is the Key campaign a success
- How Habitat’s approach has changed for their first in-person event since COVID-19
Julie Laird DavisVice President of Corporate and Cause Marketing Partnerships, Habitat for Humanity International
Meet The Host
Alli is the Director of Events & Program Development at Engage for Good where she leads a talented team that helps corporate social impact leaders advance their campaigns, careers and organizations through professional development and networking opportunities.
Don’t miss an episode of the podcast! Use the buttons below to subscribe so you’ll get the latest episodes instantly.
Check Out More Episodes