Kohl’s Tara Geiter and Alliance for a Healthier Generation’s Kathy Higgins drop by to talk about “Kohl’s Healthy at Home” and how the initiative has evolved to focus on BIPOC communities
- Reaches communities where they are
- Centers health equity
- Focuses on BIPOC and historically marginalized communities
In today’s episode, EFG’s Alli Murphy is joined by Kathy Higgins, CEO of Alliance for a Healthier Generation, and Tara Geiter, Director of Community Relations at Kohl’s, to talk about the inception of their partnership and how their campaigns, and work, have evolved over the years.
In today’s episode, we’ll explore:
- Kohl’s CSR journey and transition to focus on families
- How the organizations expanded their resources to cater to BIPOC communities
- The value of listening
- Insights into Kohl’s nonprofit vetting process
- Kathy & Tara’s advice for building partnerships that center equity, diversity and inclusion
Kathy HigginsCEO of Alliance for a Healthier Generation
Tara GeiterDirector of Community Relations at Kohl's
Meet The Host
Alli is the Director of Events & Program Development at Engage for Good where she leads a talented team that helps corporate social impact leaders advance their campaigns, careers and organizations through professional development and networking opportunities.
Don’t miss an episode of the podcast! Use the buttons below to subscribe so you’ll get the latest episodes instantly.
Check Out More Episodes