If you love social impact and love to read, you’re in for a treat! EFG’s Megan Strand and Selfishgiving.com‘s Joe Waters have created the only social impact book club we’ve been able to find! Join us to “Read With Purpose”.
Here’s How It Will Work
1. Every quarter we’ll pick a business book that’s relevant to your social impact work. (We may do a book monthly rather than quarterly, but we’ll start with baby steps!)
2. At the end of the quarter, we’ll meet online to discuss the book and announce the next book via Facebook Live.
3. Want to join? Join us in the Read With Purpose Facebook Group! Bonus points if you have a book to suggest.
Do you have questions or book suggestions? Let us know!Take Me To The Book Club!
First Book Club
Our first book club will take place on April 23rd at 4pm ET! You’ll need to join the Read With Purpose Facebook group to join the discussion. Make sure to join the Facebook group for future books, dates and more!
First book: Darren Walker’s From Generosity to Justice: A New Gospel of Wealth.
The book proposes a new, bold vision of philanthropy that is truly transformative and world-changing. It sounded like the perfect “meta” conversation to kick-off our book club. Download the book (or audiobook) for FREE from the Ford Foundation.
A few questions to contemplate as you read this book:
- What did you learn from the book? Did it (or did it not) change the way you view philanthropy? The world?
- Beyond philanthropy, what other “systems” within our society need to change to realize his vision?
- How is Darren’s vision applicable to companies, nonprofits, and corporate partnerships?
- Are corporate partnerships part of the solution… or part of the problem in realizing Darren’s vision? If the latter, how can partnerships be changed to achieve a better, more just world?
- Is Darren’s vision really new and bold? Does it go too far, or not far enough?
FREE Download: From Generosity to Justice: A New Gospel of WealthTake Me To The Book Club!