Today on CauseTalk Radio, Megan and Joe talk to Marco Crespo, Business Director at the Ayrton Senna Institute in São Paulo, Brazil, about the rise and development of cause marketing in the world’s 5th largest country.
Megan, Marco and Joe discuss:
- The background of Ayrton Senna Institute, an education-focused nonprofit organization created by the sister of three-time Formula One world champion, Ayrton Senna.
- How the Ayrton Senna Institute partners with companies in Brazil.
- Why percentage-of-sales fundraisers are the dominant cause marketing fundraiser in Brazil.
- The challenge of getting consumers and businesses to adopt point-of-sale fundraisers (i.e. charity pinups, register programs, etc.)
- The Institute’s partnership with gas-giant Shell. Since 2013, Shell customers who choose premium gas or ethanol in May unlock a corporate donation to improve Brazilian’s public education.
- The huge role Millennials play in cause-related programs in a country where men and women between 18-34 are 30 percent of the population.
- How Ayrton Senna Institute plans to grow its cause marketing – and looks to the United States for education and inspiration!