Today on CauseTalk Radio, Megan and Joe talk to Lisa Lewis, Director of Marketing at Formation Data Systems (FDS), a startup storage company, about an interesting cause marketing partnership with Oxfam involving giving goats to families in need!
On the show, Megan, Lisa and Joe discuss:
- How FDS was looking for a marketing program that was affordable but impactful when Lisa discovered Oxfam after a friend gave her a goat as a gift!
- How the program works. If you demo FDS’ product through Oxfam they will donate a goat to a needy family in a third-world country.
- The power of goats! They are a fantastic animal to donate because almost singlehandedly they can lift a family out of poverty.
- How FDS has used See a Demo, Get a Goat outside outside a trade show (that they couldn’t afford to attend!) with great success!
- Are goats the next household pet?!
- How FDS has incorporated goats into a series of videos called GoatBusters that links the craziness of goats with the disorganization of most company’s storage efforts.
- Two unexpected lessons from the program. First, employees love it – especially their younger employees (Millennials!). Second, the program is so “sticky.” Prospects remember the goats!
- Is this cause marketing program driving sales?
- FDS’ partnership with Oxfam. What do they think of the program and its success?
- What is the key takeaway from this program? What can other B2B companies learn from it?
- What’s next for the goats?