In this episode of CauseTalk Radio, Megan and Joe talk to Kim Van Syoc, Executive Director at the Banfield Foundation, about the organization’s successes and challenges in the first year of operation.
The Banfield Foundation was founded in 2015 by Banfield Pet Hospital (BPH), which operates more than 950 pet clinics, mostly located in PetSmart stores across the country.
On the show, Megan, Kim and Joe discuss:
- Joe introduces Megan and Kim to the elusive “cockerdoodle”!
- How the Banfield Foundation got started in 2015 and its close alignment with BPH’s CSR mission.
- How the Foundation is funded. Primary funder are customers who give at the register. They gave $2.5 million over the past year!
- What the Foundation learned from its partner, PetSmart, and its charitable giving program.
- The Foundation’s funding of 150 nonprofits over the past year, and which types of pet issues they focus on.
- How the Foundation’s pinpad program works at BPH, and the key role employees have played in the success of the program.
- Some of the challenges the Foundation faced the first year.
- How the Foundation is telling its story for maximum impact with Stories of Impact.
- Other corporate partnerships the Foundation is considering.
- The Foundation’s goals for 2017.