Today on CauseTalk Radio, Megan and Joe talk to Leslie Engle Young, Director of Impact at Pencils of Promise (PoP), about how the how organization has become a top philanthropic brand by smashing its goal of increasing access to quality education for children in the developing world.
On the show, Megan, Leslie and Joe discuss:
- How Leslie got involved with PoP – and she owes it all to Bob Dylan!
- Why PoP created a position specifically focused on impact. Should other nonprofits have this role?
- What metrics does Leslie measure to determine PoP’s effectiveness? Focus is on outcomes not outputs.
- How important is data to PoP?
- How PoP moves a new program from Pilot to Beta toIntegration.
- PoP’s quarterly transparency report and why an annual reports wasn’t enough. “We want people to see where we are succeeding and where we are struggling.”
- How PoP communicates with its stakeholders.
- PoP’s WASH program that teaches kids about WATER, SANITATION and HYGIENE. “If you’re not healthy you can’t/won’t go to school!”
- The challenges of being a metric-focused and data-driven organaztion that works in the Third World.
- What are PoP’s 2017 goals?
Pencils of Promise
Ep 88: Pencils of Promise Founder Talks About Building Schools, Cause Marketing
Care Counts School Laundry Program Exposes Link Between Clean Clothes and Attendance
Leave a Reply