This episode marks the start of our 3-part leadership series, where we’ll share tips, insights and stories from three social impact leaders across the business and nonprofit landscape.
- Artis Stevens, President & CEO of Big Brothers Big Sisters of America
- Kevin Martinez, VP of Corporate Citizenship at ESPN
- Julie Breckenkamp, Vice President of National Strategic Partnerships at CMN Hospitals
We’ll weave together their leadership journeys, advice to listeners, mistakes they’ve made and what they’ve learned from them, how they take care of their wellbeing and support their teams and what’s on the horizon in the year ahead.
In today’s conversation, EFG’s Alli Murphy chats with Artis Stevens. Artis brings 25 years of leadership in the positive youth development sector. With a diverse background in bridging innovative marketing, fundraising and program strategies, he has generated awareness and revenue to drive greater impact for youth, families, and communities in need. His passion for building purpose-driven brands and cultivating talent has inspired partnerships with more than 60 of the most well-known brands in the country.
He’s also the “world’s best dad,” a husband, father, coach and leader. Alli and Artis will dive into his background, who he is inside and outside of work and what you can learn from his journey.
Artis and BBBSA are the recipient of the 2023 Golden Halo Award for nonprofits – our highest honor for companies and causes engaged in activities that build a better world and the bottom line.
In today’s episode, we’ll explore:
- Artis’ leadership journey and what he’s learned along the way
- How to gain leadership buy-in
- The trends CSR and social impact pros should be paying attention to
- Artis’ advice for those looking to grow in their careers
- What he’ll be talking about at #EFG2023
- The importance of leading with empathy
- And so much more!
Artis StevensPresident & CEO, Big Brothers Big Sisters of America
Meet The Host
Alli is the Director of Events & Program Development at Engage for Good where she leads a talented team that helps corporate social impact leaders advance their campaigns, careers and organizations through professional development and networking opportunities.
Don’t miss an episode of the podcast! Use the buttons below to subscribe so you’ll get the latest episodes instantly.
Check Out More Episodes