Great benefits. Competitive pay. We know these are some of the things people look for in a job.
But if you’re the kind of person who also cares about making an impact and serving our nation’s wounded warriors and their families, then you’re exactly the kind of person we’re looking for. When you join Wounded Warrior Project, you’re committing to making a difference. We make a commitment to you too – helping you to find that spark, ignite your passion to serve, and embark on a career with meaning and purpose.
At Wounded Warrior Project we recognize our mission cannot be accomplished without our talented teammates, which is why we’re proud to offer benefits such as:
- A flexible hybrid work schedule (3 days in office, 2 days’ work from home)
- Full medical, dental and vision coverage for both teammates AND family members
- Competitive pay and performance incentives
- A fun, mission focused and collaborative team environment
- A mission that matters is just the beginning, so if you’re ready to get started, we’re ready for you.
The Wounded Warrior Project (WWP) Senior Corporate Partnerships Specialist – Defense Sector is responsible for driving revenue growth by identifying, researching, and selling high-dollar, multi-year program underwriting and sponsorship opportunities. This role entails managing a portfolio of defense contractors and corporate partners in the government sector who can contribute to WWP’s mission. The Senior Corporate Partnerships Specialist – Defense Sector will lead efforts to engage the defense contractor sector and will report to the Associate Director of Corporate Partnerships (New Business), working closely with senior leadership to maximize the return on new partner opportunities. Collaboration with WWP’s internal support and programs teams is crucial in securing annual and multi-year funding and support, aiding in the achievement of WWP’s program and revenue goals.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Secure multi-year, high-value partnerships ranging from six to seven figures with defense contractors and similar corporate entities to significantly increase both revenue and awareness of WWP.
- Develop and maintain an active new business pipeline specifically focused on qualified prospects within the defense contractor industry that align with WWP’s mission.
- Lead the process in identifying and packaging new program underwriting and sponsorship opportunities in the six-to-seven-figure range that align with the goals of potential partners, collaborating closely with cross-functional teams.
- Develop proposals and presentation decks on a regular basis to pitch prospective partners on program underwriting and sponsorship opportunities.
- Foster strong relationships with prospective partners by actively engaging their leadership and employees in the mission of WWP.
- Effectively communicate the value of WWP to prospective partners, emphasizing the tangible impact that their financial support will deliver to wounded warriors and their families.
- Report to the Associate Director of Corporate Partnerships (New Business) and work closely with senior leadership to secure new corporate partners within the defense sector.
- Establish effective working relationships and collaborate across various teams within WWP, including Government and Community Relations, Communications,
- Marketing, Programs, Accounting, Mission Data and Insights, Legal, and Resource Development, to leverage all available channels in order to cultivate new partnerships.
- Represent WWP in speaking engagements, corporate organizations, community audiences, and donor training sessions.
- Articulate WWP’s history, mission, vision, and programs in a compelling manner, both verbally and in written communication.
- Track pipeline progress and prospect engagements using Salesforce CRM.
- Travel as necessary to meet with prospective partners.
- Other related duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
- Demonstrated in-depth knowledge and understanding of the defense contractor space and veteran policy.
- Comprehensive understanding of military service organizations (MSOs) and veteran service organizations (VSOs).
- Demonstrated ability to exceed sales and revenue-related goals, including measurable Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) such as generating new revenue, executing successful solicitations, and engaging with prospective corporate funders in meaningful ways.
- Strong acumen with the ability to monitor, compile, and analyze data to guide decision-making.
- Strong interpersonal skills. Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain professional relationships at all levels of an organization and build successful and effective relationships.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Confident communicator with demonstrated ability to present information effectively.
- Strong organizational and time management skills. Demonstrated ability to respond to changing priorities and complete assignments and meet deadlines in a fast-paced, demanding working environment.
- Proven ability to effectively manage multiple projects concurrently, ensuring efficiency and successful outcomes.
- Demonstrated ability to establish credibility, be decisive, influence others, and influence change.
- Demonstrated understanding of WWP and its mission, values, programs, and services, and the impact of these programs and services on wounded warriors and their families.
- Proficiency using Salesforce CRM and Microsoft Office suite.
- High energy level, self-starter, and willing to take initiative.
- Unequivocal commitment to the highest standards of personal and business ethics and conduct.
- Mission-driven, guided by core values, and a pleasure to work with.
- Five years of experience managing projects across multiple stakeholders.
- Five years of fundraising or sales experience (preferably in non-profit settings).
- Two years of experience working for a defense contractor or federal agency.
- Three years of experience managing prospect relations in a CRM.
- Understanding of the defense or other federal agency landscape.
- Strong network of affiliations within the Washington D.C. area.
- Experience with the federal contracting process.
Bachelor’s degree. Equivalent combination of applicable education, training, certification, or experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
CERTIFICATIONS & LICENSURE
Requirements: Valid state-issued driver’s license.
WORK ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL DEMANDS
General office environment: temperature controlled.
May require participation in events under varying weather conditions.
May require lifting/carrying items up to 50 pounds.
Up to 35% travel.
Wounded Warrior Project® is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all persons without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship, age, veteran or military status, disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Wounded Warrior Project is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms without a written search agreement in place. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Wounded Warrior Project via email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Wounded Warrior Project in any form without a valid written search agreement in place will be deemed the sole property of Wounded Warrior Project, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Wounded Warrior Project as a result of the referral or through other means.”
To apply for this job please visit woundedwarriorproject.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com.