Website Wounded Warrior Project
Locations: Jacksonville, FL, Dallas, TX / Field, Cincinnati, OH / Field, Los Angeles, CA / Field, Philadelphia, PA / Field, Sacramento, CA / Field, Richmond, VA / Field, Minneapolis, MN / Field, Kansas City, KS / Field, Boston, MA / Field, Chicago, IL, Atlanta, GA, Tampa, FL, Washington, DC, San Antonio, TX, Houston, TX, Nashville, TN, San Diego, CA, New York, NY, Phoenix, AZ, Miami, FL / Field, Fayetteville, NC
Great benefits. Competitive pay. We know these are some of the things people look for in a job.
But if you’re the kind of person who also cares about making an impact and serving our nation’s wounded warriors and their families, then you’re exactly the kind of person we’re looking for.
Change the life of someone who served their country, and join an organization that not only supports you, but empowers you to make that change a reality.
When you join the Wounded Warrior Project family, you’re committing to making a difference. We make a commitment to you too – helping you to find that spark, ignite your passion to serve, and embark on a career with meaning and purpose.
A mission that matters is just the beginning, so if you’re ready to get started, we’re ready for you.
The Wounded Warrior Project (WWP) Corporate Partnerships Specialist collaborates with the WWP Corporate Partnerships team and builds relationships with corporate sponsors, individual donors, and foundations, and secures high-dollar, multi-year funding to achieve Wounded Warrior Project’s fundraising and revenue goals.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Identify new corporate sponsors, develop relationships with them, increase their awareness of Wounded Warrior Project (WWP) programs and services, and engage them programmatically with WWP.
- Oversee requests, leads, and contacts and engage accordingly.
- Effectively communicate to new corporate sponsors the value of the WWP programs and services delivered to wounded warriors and their families when asking for their financial support.
- Obtain new corporate sponsors financial support at six- and seven-figure levels and multi-year gifts.
- Manage the current corporate sponsors portfolio. Maximize these professional relationships to meet the objectives of both the sponsors and WWP.
- Collaborate and work effectively with multiple internal WWP teams and with external corporate sponsors teams.
- Manage projects between WWP and its corporate sponsors.
- Work with WWP Legal team, Communications team, and Marketing team to incorporate corporate sponsors’ logos on WWP items.
- Create and maintain a professional network on behalf of Wounded Warrior Project.
- Leverage corporate relationships to engage individual donors, foundations, and employees by working cross channels internally.
- Other related duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
- Strong interpersonal skills. Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain professional relationships at all levels of an organization and build successful and effective relationships.
- Experience stewarding corporate, foundation, and individual donor partnerships.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills. Demonstrated ability to respond to changing priorities and complete assignments and meet deadlines in a fast-paced, demanding working environment.
- Demonstrated analytical ability and utilize critical thinking skills and analytical skills in problem solving.
- Strong presentation skills. Confident communicator with demonstrated ability to present information effectively.
- Demonstrated ability to establish credibility, be decisive, influence others, and influence change.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively and efficiently manage multiple projects.
- Demonstrated understanding of Wounded Warrior Project and its mission, values, programs, and services, and the impact of these programs and services on wounded warriors and their families.
- Demonstrated understanding of military service organizations (MSOs) and veteran service organizations (VSOs).
- High energy level, self-starter, and willing to take initiative.
- Unequivocal commitment to the highest standards of personal and business ethics and conduct.
- Mission-driven, guided by core values, and a pleasure to work with.
- Five years of account management experience.
- Five years of experience fundraising or outside sales.
- Three years of experience working with senior management and executives.
- Five years of marketing experience.
- Five years of experience working in non-profit organization.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, communications, marketing, or related field. Equivalent combination of applicable education, training, certification, or experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
CERTIFICATIONS & LICENSURE
- Valid state-issued driver’s license.
WORK ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- General office environment; temperature controlled.
- Routinely uses standard office equipment, e.g., copiers, phones, computers, filing cabinets.
- Up to 25% travel.
Wounded Warrior Project® is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all persons without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship, age, veteran or military status, disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Wounded Warrior Project is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms without a written search agreement in place. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Wounded Warrior Project via email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Wounded Warrior Project in any form without a valid written search agreement in place will be deemed the sole property of Wounded Warrior Project, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Wounded Warrior Project as a result of the referral or through other means.”
To apply for this job please visit woundedwarriorproject.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com.