Join Our Team at the Wildlife Conservation Society!
WCS seeks a Senior Director of Corporate Engagement to build and manage a strategic global corporate program that raises $10M+ through philanthropic, sponsorship, membership, and cause marketing partnerships. In addition, this position will help strategically align corporate engagement to include programmatic engagement (such as carbon sales).
The position fills a leadership role in the Institutional Advancement team, working in tandem with the foundation engagement team in the strategy, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of institutional funders that support the breadth of WCS programs from capital support for zoological exhibits in NYC to programmatic support for conservation initiatives around the world.
The successful candidate will have demonstrated leadership and experience in corporate philanthropy and/or sponsorship, and a hands-on work and leadership style. The position is based in New York City and will be responsible with managing and mentoring three staff.
Reporting to the Vice President for Institutional Advancement, this role will:
· Lead development of corporate engagement strategies in alignment with organizational priorities; work collaboratively with donor communications team to package donor opportunities around the organizations ambitious conservation funding priorities and its fundraising practices and policies.
· Manage a portfolio of corporate relationships with top potential support for the organization.
· Establish annual work plans, revenue targets and key performance indicators in close collaboration senior leadership team.
· Partner with Global Resources senior leadership to unify corporate engagement capacity, and work closely with the VP of Institutional Advancement to coordinate outreach and relationship management. Co-convene prospect review sessions routinely to share information.
· Prioritize key actions for the President & CEO; the CDO; the VP for Institutional Advancement; and other senior staff, offering guidance and counsel in the engagement of existing corporate partners and the cultivation of prospective new partners.
· Build collaborative relationships with staff across the organization, serving as a knowledgeable and accessible resource, and as a primary point of contact for Finance, Legal, the Executive Office, and operations staff in the engagement of corporate partners.
· Lead and mentor a talented and growing team of professionals with expertise in corporate engagement in surpassing revenue targets.
· Assure the corporate engagement team’s revenue and expenditures remain in line with targeted budget goals; and that processes and database management protocols are followed.
· Drive prospect identification efforts to grow the base of corporate partners.
· Work in collaboration with the Climate Team at WCS to identify and manage relationships with companies who engage through the purchase of carbon offsets.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
– Bachelor’s degree required, advanced degree preferred.
– Minimum 5 years in leadership role in nonprofit or corporate sector with demonstrated ability to strategically manage corporate partnerships and raise revenue through corporate engagement.
– Strong leadership skills, with an entrepreneurial spirit and strong business and management skills; demonstrated ability to inspire and motivate staff, donors, and potential partners a must.
-Experience in developing and executing a revenue growth strategy.
– Demonstrated experience overseeing and executing complex or multiple time-sensitive projects, including meeting financial goals, project deadlines, and coordinating the work of key staff and partners.
-Strong comfort and desire to represent WCS externally; outstanding interpersonal skills, judgment, and ability to collaborate with a wide range of colleagues at the local and global levels.
– Strong written and verbal communication skills.
– Willingness and ability to travel, and to work evenings and/or weekends for events and corporate engagement opportunities.
-Experience with database management systems, such as Salesforce.
– Appreciation and knowledge of wildlife and broader conservation history and strategies. Direct experience working with nonprofits working with wildlife and/or conservation is a plus.
To apply for this job please visit www.wcs.org.