Website Wildlife Conservation Society
WCS seeks a Senior Director of Corporate Engagement to build and manage a strategic global corporate program that raises $10M+ through philanthropic, sponsorship, membership, and cause marketing partnerships, and contributes towards an overall department goal of raising $100M+ annually in private philanthropy. You will be instrumental in helping WCS save 50% of the world’s biodiversity, create nature-based solutions to climate change, inspire the next generation of conservationists through our world-class zoos and aquarium and more.
You will fill a leadership role in the Institutional Advancement team, working in tandem with the Foundation Relations team in the strategy, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of institutional funders that support the breadth of WCS programs from capital support for zoological exhibits in NYC to programmatic support for conservation initiatives around the world. This is an exciting opportunity to lead and mentor a growing team of four who are making significant impacts in the field of conservation and zoos. The position is based in New York City at our Bronx, NY headquarters.
The successful candidate will have demonstrated leadership and experience in corporate philanthropy and/or sponsorship, and a hands-on work and leadership style. You will design and execute a corporate fundraising strategy for your portfolio and lead the team to do the same for their portfolios. With a track record of soliciting and closing six- and seven-figure gifts, you are a creative, entrepreneurial, and highly motivated fundraising leader who thrives on meeting with donors and securing funding commitments. You will work collaboratively with internal stakeholders to develop and implement funding opportunities at the five- six- and seven-figure levels, and work with staff leadership and Trustees to build relationships within the corporate sector.
Reporting to the Vice President for Institutional Advancement, this role will:
- Lead development of corporate engagement strategies in alignment with organizational priorities.
- Manage a portfolio of corporate relationships with top potential support for the organization.
- Establish annual work plans, revenue targets and key performance indicators in close collaboration senior leadership team.
- Partner with Global Resources senior leadership to unify corporate engagement capacity, and work closely with the VP of Institutional
- Advancement to coordinate outreach and relationship management. Co-convene prospect review sessions routinely to share information.
- Prioritize key actions for the President & CEO; the CDO; the VP for Institutional Advancement; and other senior staff, offering guidance and counsel in the engagement of existing corporate partners and the cultivation of prospective new partners.
- Build collaborative relationships with staff across the organization, serving as a knowledgeable and accessible resource, and as a primary point of contact for Finance, Legal, the Executive Office, and operations staff in the engagement of corporate partners.
- Lead and mentor a talented and growing team of professionals with expertise in corporate engagement in surpassing revenue targets.
- Assure the corporate engagement team’s revenue and expenditures remain in line with targeted budget goals; and that processes and database management protocols are followed.
- Drive prospect identification efforts to grow the base of corporate partners.
- Work in collaboration with the Climate Team at WCS to identify and manage relationships with companies who engage through the purchase of carbon offsets.
- Work collaboratively with Donor Communications team and Grant Development & Stewardship team to package donor opportunities around the organizations ambitious conservation funding priorities and its fundraising practices and policies.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Minimum 5 years in leadership role in nonprofit philanthropy or corporate sector with demonstrated ability to strategically manage corporate partnerships, raise revenue through corporate engagement, and oversee the Corporate Engagement team staff.
- Strong leadership skills, with an entrepreneurial spirit and strong business and management skills; demonstrated ability to inspire and motivate staff, donors, and potential partners a must.
- Experience in developing and executing a revenue growth strategy.
- Demonstrated experience overseeing and executing complex or multiple time-sensitive projects, including meeting financial goals, project deadlines, and coordinating the work of key staff and partners.
- Ability to interface effectively with the highest level of WCS donors and senior staff members.
- Demonstrated skills in managing and mentoring staff and coaching fundraisers to increasing levels of success.
- Demonstrated experience working with senior executives, board members, and major donors to advance corporate giving.
- Strong comfort and desire to represent WCS externally; outstanding interpersonal skills, judgment, and ability to collaborate with a wide range of colleagues at the local and global levels.
- Passion for WCS’s mission and demonstrated experience in the conservation field preferred.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, and attention to detail.
- Bachelor’s degree required, advanced degree preferred.
- Willingness and ability to travel, and to work evenings and/or weekends for events and corporate engagement opportunities.
- Experience with database management systems, such as Salesforce.
- Appreciation and knowledge of wildlife and broader conservation history and strategies. Direct experience working with nonprofits working with wildlife and/or conservation is a plus.
Workplace Conditions and Environment:
- Occasional travel during non-pandemic times to key locations in the US region and globally.
- Some evenings, weekends and holiday work will be required.
WCS is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to hiring and supporting a diverse workforce. We are committed to cultivating an inclusive work environment and look for future team members who share that same value. EOE/AA/M/F/Vets/Disabled
To apply for this job please visit jobs.brassring.com.