USA for UNHCR
USA for UNHCR seeks a passionate, dynamic and experienced Senior Director, Integrated Partnerships who will provide leadership to a high-performing team of frontline fundraisers, relationship managers and cross-functional support team members to drive fundraising success and explore the full potential of mutually valuable and integrated partnerships from private sector organizations headquartered in the United States.
Reporting to the Chief Development Officer, the Senior Director will work closely with the Executive Leadership Team, Board and senior staff and will lead the strategy to identify, cultivate, solicit and grow new and existing corporate, foundation, civil society/nonprofit and community partnerships. The successful candidate will lead the Partnerships team and manage a portfolio of complex relationships that provide a range of support and resources for the organization.
The ideal candidate is passionate about USA for UNHCR’s mission, has a proven track record of fundraising success in securing support from private sector organizations, maintains a strong personal commitment to global humanitarian causes and is experienced in building impactful, fully integrated and mutually valuable partnerships. This position and the Partnerships team play a key role in supporting USA for UNHCR’s ambitious growth goals to support UNHCR’s work to save lives, protect rights and build a better future for people forced to flee their homes because of conflict and persecution.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide dynamic and innovative leadership for USA for UNHCR’s private sector fundraising efforts, including direct supervision – and investment in the career growth – of a team managing Corporate, Foundation, Civil Society and Community Partnerships
- Build strong ties and strategic, collaborative relationships with UNHCR global colleagues to deliver value and drive fundraising success from a portfolio of multi-faceted global partners with a strong focus on integrated, transformational, multi-million dollar and multi-year partnerships
- Explore the full potential of fully integrated partnership efforts, including through financial support, gifts-in-kind, employee engagement, cause marketing, thought leadership, etc.
- Demonstrate creativity and resourcefulness in identifying new ways to secure support for USA for UNHCR from private sector organizations and to build brand awareness and affinity with partners
- Work with team to establish and embed customized value propositions across partnership and storytelling efforts
- Lead the Partnerships team budget planning and strategic planning processes and help set fundraising targets, including developing and monitoring revenue goals and budgets with key managers
- Design and implement growth and retention strategies with existing partners
- Attract, develop, coach and retain high-performing team members
- Collaborate across the organization to translate programmatic initiatives into fundraising opportunities
- Support and contribute to an environment that rewards new ideas and entrepreneurship, creating a culture that celebrates innovation, builds confidence, encourages teamwork and promotes diversity
- Work collaboratively and in coordination with other departments. Conduct effective interdepartmental communications and provide regular summaries of relevant development activities to USA for UNHCR Directors, senior staff, Executive Leadership Team and teams as needed
- Develop and implement strategies to take advantage of USA for UNHCR’s Strategic Framework and campaign initiatives
- Report regularly to the Chief Development Officer, Executive Leadership Team and CEO on outcomes, efforts and progress toward departments’ goals
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- At least 12 years of fundraising experience with proven success in strategic planning, board relations and formulating/executing successful, integrated, multimillion dollar fundraising programs
- Bachelor’s degree required; relevant master’s degree preferred.
- In lieu of education/degree requirements a successful candidate will:
- Understand how to collaborate effectively with a variety of different people and roles.
- Be proactive with a strong mindset and willing to take risks, while also having the ability to learn from setbacks.
- Be relationship driven and adaptable to new situations.
- Value diversity and take pride in cultivating an atmosphere of inclusion and various perspectives.
- Proven ability to identify, cultivate and secure private sector partnerships along a spectrum of opportunities (funding, cause-related marketing, gifts-in-kind, employee engagement, skills-based volunteering, etc.)
- Strong understanding of shared value partnerships and impact investing
- Proven experience in driving new business
- Proven experience in account management
- Goal-oriented with strong internal direction and motivation
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with senior leadership, Board members, staff and volunteers, providing strong support and inspiring them to productive action
- Thoughtful and creative problem-solving skills
- Superior writing skills, as well as strong presentation, marketing and communication skills, with the ability to deal with sensitive human rights issues, directly and passionately, and to translate USA for UNHCR s mission and programs into fundraising initiatives that garner financial support
- Ability to work collaboratively in a fast-paced, diverse and demanding environment; experience leading fundraising efforts through humanitarian emergencies strongly desired
- Willingness to travel internationally and domestically
- Familiarity with and demonstrated commitment to international human rights and global humanitarian causes is essential
- Consistently demonstrates professional maturity and ability to take proactive initiative to propose solutions to complex challenges
- Acts as visionary for the department and the organization
- Ability to be flexible, collaborative and catalytic
- A proven leader with the ability to inspire, educate, manage, mentor, and motivate development personnel about strong fundraising, account management and partnership development practices.
- An appetite for a leadership role where s/he can shape USA for UNHCR’s processes and legacy and demonstrates a passion for USA for UNHCR’s mission.
Hybrid + Washington, DC + May also involve travel to some locations within the company’s region of operations and select donor locations.
Washington, DC- $146,500 – $183,125
USA for UNHCR will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
USA for UNHCR is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Refugees and all other protected classes are encouraged to apply
To apply for this job please visit usaforunhcr.bamboohr.com.