USA for UNHCR
The Senior Development Planning and Analysis Manager is a key role in the Business Systems Team responsible for the financial planning, campaign performance analysis, decision support, and reporting standardization for USA for UNHCR’s (U4U) Development function. This role will partner with fundraising team leads to coordinate and develop U4U and PSP financial plans and reports, build a data informed culture with proactive analysis of departmental and channel specific KPIs, provide decision support for CDO and CFO, and drive the adoption of standardized reporting processes across the organization in alignment with Finance and the Hive Analytics team by leading the effort to harmonize data definitions and create actional reports. With a deep understanding of the business processes driving financial and performance data in all systems, the Senior Manager will collaborate as a part of a scrum team to identify and address opportunities for data improvement. This is a highly executional role and the Sr. Manager will be comfortable in an agile environment with time sensitive deliverables.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The role of the Senior Development Planning and Analysis Manager falls within four key areas within the Development function: financial planning, campaign performance analysis, decision support, and reporting standardization:
- Maintain the organizational reporting calendar throughout the year with all key known reporting deadlines, ensuring dates are published to the U4U SharePoint Site, including external deadlines (NGFs, Campaign Performance, Benchmarking etc.).
- Coordinate and create comprehensive financial plans and reports for USA for UNHCR’s Development function in collaboration with fundraising team leads, including U4U and PSP Annual Budgets and Reforecasts.
- Foster effective communication and collaboration among cross-functional teams to ensure alignment in financial planning and reporting efforts.
- Build refreshable templates for internal and external reporting, including Board Reports, Quarterly PSP Reports, Executive Director Reports, PSP Annual Planning, Annual Budget Cycle, Quarterly Reforecasts, Grant Funding Requests, and others as needed, using Salesforce Reports and Dashboards and Tableau.
- Proactively and collaboratively create and analyze departmental and channel-specific KPIs to support data-informed decision-making and drive performance improvements.
- Create or utilize financial and performance analytics to inform narratives for fundraising program performance (NGF Reports or Reviews, etc.).
- Manage the relationship with vendor Integral and serve as main point of contact for reporting requests, quality assurance of data, and oversight of monthly strategic meetings between Integral and the fundraising team.
- Provide decision support to Chief Development Officer (CDO) and Chief Financial Officer (CFO), and Fundraising Team Leads by offering insights and recommendations based on financial and performance trends and analysis.
- Present monthly performance reviews to key executive and management teams.
Reporting Adoption and Change Management
- Drive the adoption of standardized and repeatable reporting processes across the organization, working closely with Finance and the Hive Analytics team.
- Support the effort to standardize data definitions across systems and teams.
- Collaborate as a part of a scrum team to identify and address opportunities for data improvement and process optimization through the lens of reporting, such as tracking donor cohorts performance over time, etc.
- Provide training to super users and users on how to self-serve financial and supporter related reporting requests within Salesforce to increase adoption and data acumen.
- 5+ years managing and analyzing data within complex fundraising or sales organization handling budgeting, reporting, and analytics
- 2+ years’ experience with Salesforce NPSP, Tableau, Analytics Builder preferred
- Demonstrated expertise in data manipulation and analysis. Excel proficiency required. SQL, SOQL preferred.
- Demonstrated understanding of financial concepts related to fundraising
- Demonstrated curiosity and analytical mindset
- Demonstrated experience in agile methodology (SCRUM preferred)
- Excellent technical writing and documenting skills
- Strong project management skills. Ability to create, adhere to and clearly communicate work plans and anticipate deadlines.
- Demonstrated sound judgment, discretion, and decision-making
- Ability to be diplomatic when making decisions and creating solutions
- Demonstrates passion for USA for UNHCR’s mission and values
Remote or Hybrid + Washington, DC + May also involve travel to some locations within the company’s region of operations and select donor locations.
$108,379 – $132,463
USA for UNHCR will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
USA for UNHCR is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Refugees and all other protected classes are encouraged to apply
To apply for this job please visit usaforunhcr.bamboohr.com.