USA for UNHCR
USA for UNHCR is seeking a highly motivated and experienced Senior Associate of Major Gifts to join our dynamic Private Philanthropy team. As Senior Associate, Major Gifts, you will play a crucial role in building and maintaining relationships with major donors to secure significant financial support for UNHCR’s humanitarian efforts worldwide. Reporting to the Senior Manager, Major Gifts, you will contribute to the organization’s mission of providing life-saving assistance and protection to refugees and displaced persons around the globe.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Qualifies, cultivates and stewards a portfolio of individual major gift donors and major gift donor prospects capable of five figure gifts by video conferencing, phone, and email and ultimately solicits each through personalized proposals
- Secures funding for USA for UNHCR, contributing to the Major Gifts team by soliciting $10,000-$25,000 gifts
- Works with the major gifts team to create donor-centered communications, such as proposals, reports and email updates, as needed
- Works in conjunction with Director of Pipeline Development and the Manager, Mid-Level Giving to identify potential major gift donors and cultivate new and existing relationships
- Updates CRM (currently Salesforce) with contact reports, engagement plans and tasks to ensure continuity of donor management
- Works with the Stewardship team to create donor-centered communications, such as impact reports and proposals
- As needed, supports major gifts event management in collaboration with Manager of Stewardship and Engagement to qualify, cultivate, steward and solicit potential and existing major donors
- Take on other tasks as directed by the Sr. Manager, Major Gifts and Director of Pipeline Development
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- 5 years of related experience, including demonstrated frontline fundraising experience; Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Some travel required – up to 20% in support of donor outreach
In lieu of education/degree requirements a successful candidate will:
- Understand how to collaborate effectively with a variety of different people and roles.
- Be proactive with a strong mindset and willing to take risks, while also having the ability to learn from setbacks.
- Be relationship driven and adaptable to new situations.
- Value diversity and take pride in cultivating an atmosphere of inclusion and various perspectives.
- Demonstrated ability to solicit and close five figure gifts
- Understand the principles of Major Donor fundraising, including moves management, major gifts cultivation and solicitation processes
- Strong organization, communication, and interpersonal skills, including strong writing skills
- Ability to synthesize complex programs and projects into concise, compelling proposals and donor communication assets.
- Outstanding self-motivational skills
- Must be self-sufficient and self-motivated
- Demonstrates sound judgement and strong decision-making skills
- Demonstrates emotional intelligence and integrity when interacting with employees, peers and donors
- Must be able to work successfully, both individually and as part of a team
- Demonstrates passion for U4U’s mission
Remote or Hybrid + Washington, DC + May also involve travel to some locations within the company’s region of operations and select donor locations.
$57,215 – $71,519
USA for UNHCR will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
USA for UNHCR is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Refugees and all other protected classes are encouraged to apply.
To apply for this job please visit usaforunhcr.bamboohr.com.