USA for UNHCR
The Donor Care Coordinator will provide strong, frontline support to USA for UNHCR’s donors, prospects, and engaged community members contacting the Donor Care team with gift questions, changes to contact information or other program inquiries. This position will play a critical role in consistently providing a best-in class donor care experience across all communication channels to ensure compassionate and committed donor support for refugees and displaced people around the world.
Because the work of USA for UNHCR is driven by the rapid response to humanitarian crises, this position may experience periods of high case volumes via both phone and email in response to these crises. The Donor Care Coordinator plays a critical role in energetically maintaining a high level of professionalism, empathy and exercise active listening skills at all times, seeking to ensure a positive outcome and experience for every donor and supporter. This position also provides administrative support to the Sr Associate of Donor Care and will assist the Donor Care and Gift Processing team as needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Donor Communications and Stewardship (90%)
- Answer inbound donor and supporter phone calls, taking prompt and appropriate action with each caller; providing accurate information and/or quickly alleviating concerns and anxieties regarding USA for UNHCR’s work or their giving
- Assist callers in making donations, updating gift/payment information, answering questions and addressing concerns in a highly-personalized, personable and empathetic way
- Provide accurate and concise call notes, effectively summarizing donor status, purpose of the call and ultimate resolution for each call
- Prioritize donor retention by offering alternative options to recurring gift cancellation requests
- Consistently responds to donor/supporter inquiries received through the website, via email, or escalated from the call center within 2 business days of initial request
- Exercise sound judgment and adherence to protocol to further escalate phone calls when appropriate
- Recognize and maximize opportunities to deepen conversations with donors by asking follow-up questions and engaging in conversation toward greater understanding of callers’ anxieties, frustrations, inspirations and motivations
- Assist the Sr. Associate of Donor Care with script and template updates as needed
- Under direction from the Sr. Associate, schedule quarterly refresher trainings with our inbound communicators and vendor
- Follow-up with donors within 24- 48 hours when an immediate solution cannot be provided
- Maintain confidentiality and compliance in working with personally identifying information (supporter data) at all times
Gift and Data Entry (10%)
- Perform general updates to constituent and gift records in the fundraising CRM
- Provide operational support and other administrative tasks for Donor Care and Gift Processing as assigned, particularly during peak busy season (December – January)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma or equivalent required, plus at least 2-4 years of customer service experience in non-profit or related setting, with strong emphasis on phone and email engagements
- Strong active listening skills and demonstrated ability to diffuse tense or difficult situations
- Genuine desire to talk to people and help solve problems/questions; enjoys communicating by phone and email
- Demonstrates a high degree of customer service to internal and external clients
- Ability to quickly learn new software and absorb organizational and programmatic content
- Experience with fundraising CRMs, preferably Salesforce NPSP and Salesforce Service Cloud a plus
- Efficient work style, with strong attention to detail
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Proficiency in Spanish is preferred, but not required
- Ability to collaborate with peers and take direction from leadership to accomplish tasks
- Ability to be a quick and eager learner
- Demonstrates passion, the willingness to go the extra mile to provide stellar customer service skills
- Demonstrates passion for USA for UNHCR’s mission through previous academic work, extra-curricular or civic society membership, and/or personal and professional experience
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Tasks involve some physical effort, i.e. some standing and walking, or frequent light lifting (5-10 lb.); minimal dexterity in the use of fingers, limbs, or body in the operation of office equipment; may involve extended periods of time at a keyboard
- Extended periods of sitting at a workstation or desk and manual dexterity to work efficiently on computer keyboard for data entry and composing of documents
Hybrid + Washington, DC + May also involve travel to some locations within the company’s region of operations and select donor locations.
$47,291 – $59,114
USA for UNHCR will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
USA for UNHCR is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Refugees and all other protected classes are encouraged to apply.
To apply for this job please visit usaforunhcr.bamboohr.com.