The Partnerships team at USA for UNHCR focuses on mobilizing resources to secure new and manage existing private sector partnerships including those from the corporate, foundation, civil society, and community-based sectors.
The Manager, Partnerships is a new account management role and will be responsible for proactively growing and maintaining existing partnerships with leading U.S.-based corporations and foundations. Reporting to the Senior Manager of Partnerships, this role will be accountable for achieving ambitious revenue targets and providing excellent account management to support partnership activities.
The ideal candidate is an experienced fundraising professional with a demonstrated passion for USA for UNHCR’s mission. They will have an understanding of the steps needed to deepen corporate and foundation partnerships and are capable of leveraging relationships to build more robust and strategic partnerships.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage a portfolio of corporate and foundation partners
- Ability to secure 6- and 7-figure transformational gifts to support USA for UNHCR programmatic priorities
- Identify and pursue new engagement opportunities with existing partners to build mutually valuable, long-term partnerships through programs including but not limited to: cause-related marketing, employee giving and employee engagement, grant awards, skills-based volunteerism, gifts in kind, corporate donations, and other “shared value” opportunities
- Provide expertise in corporate social responsibility (CSR) and environmental, social, and governance (ESG) activations and trends
- Offer subject matter expertise in cause-related marketing best practices including regulatory requirements (i.e. Commercial Co Venture, Better Business Bureau Standard 19), donor facing account management and program development and strategy of corporate partners
- Participate in negotiations and contract renewals for corporate accounts
- Develop and deliver presentations and lead meetings internally and externally
- Manage and track partnership contacts, interactions, goals and progress through Salesforce database
- Execute on key moments for partner engagement to provide visibility and recognition for partners within the USA for UNHCR partnership framework
- Represent USA for UNHCR at key internal and external meetings and convenings
- Report regularly to the Senior Manager of Partnerships on outcomes, efforts and progress toward goals
- May involve domestic and occasional international travel
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- At least 7 years of experience in fundraising, sales, business development and/or relationship management with a demonstrated successful track record
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- In lieu of education/degree requirements, a successful candidate will: Understand how to collaborate with a variety of different people and roles
- Show strong growth mindset and are able to learn from setbacks
- Are comfortable with ambiguity and can break it down as part of a cross-functional team
- Be willing to confront complex problems head on, without fear of lack of solution
- Be relationship-driven, partnership driven, and adaptable
- Value diversity and take pride in cultivating an atmosphere of inclusion of various thoughts, perspectives, identities, and expressions
- Experienced professional whose expertise goes beyond the theoretical and technical knowledge of their field
- Experience with comprehensive fundraising campaigns and corporate social responsibility
- Working knowledge of the global humanitarian and development space; familiarity with the different United Nations agencies preferred
- Demonstrated understanding of various types of for-profit businesses, foundations and nonprofit fundraising environments
- Familiarity with and demonstrated commitment to international human rights is essential
- Outstanding written and verbal interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience communicating complex, large-scale concepts clearly and simply
- Understanding of shared value propositions and partner engagement
- Ability to translate USA for UNHCR s mission and programs into fundraising initiatives that garner financial support
- Ability to troubleshoot and problem solve highly complex issues
- Consistently demonstrates professional maturity and able to tactfully engage with a diverse group of personalities and cultures
- Ability to be flexible, collaborative and catalytic
- Demonstrates passion for USA for UNHCR’s mission
Remote or Hybrid + Washington, DC or New York, NY + May also involve travel to some locations within the company’s region of operations and select donor locations.
$76,161 – $95,201 (Washington, DC)
$83,777 – $104,722 (New York, NY)
USA for UNHCR will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
USA for UNHCR is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Refugees and all other protected classes are encouraged to apply.
To apply for this job please visit usaforunhcr.bamboohr.com.