Website USA for UNHCR
The Partnerships team at USA for UNHCR focuses on mobilizing resources to secure new and manage existing private sector partnerships including those from the corporate, foundation, civil society, and community-based sectors.
The Manager, New Business Development, is a new role on a growing team and will be responsible for proactively identifying and securing new partnerships with leading U.S.-based corporations and foundations. Reporting to the Senior Manager of Partnerships, this role will be responsible for achieving ambitious revenue targets and building best in class partnerships in alignment with organizational goals.
The ideal candidate is an experienced fundraising professional with a demonstrated passion for USA for UNHCR’s mission and enthusiasm for researching, building relationships, and crafting strategy.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Mobilize resources from the corporate sector to secure new long-term partnerships with emphasis on mutually valuable relationships yielding 6- and 7-figure gifts
- Develop and implement strategy to guide prospect identification and analysis
- Manage a portfolio of new and/or lapsed partnerships
- Develop and deliver presentations and lead meetings internally and externally
- Develop and implement strategies to take advantage of USA for UNHCR’s Strategic Framework and campaign initiatives
- Manage and track partnership contacts, interactions, goals, and progress through Salesforce database
- Participate in negotiations and contract renewals
- Execute on key moments for partner engagement to provide visibility and recognition for partners within the USA for UNHCR partnership framework
- Collaborate with Partnerships team and UNHCR on accounts with global reach and networks
- Represent USA for UNHCR at key internal and external meetings and convenings
- Report regularly to the Senior Manager of Partnerships on outcomes, efforts, and progress toward goals
- May involve domestic and occasional international travel
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- At least 7 years of experience in fundraising, sales, business development and/or relationship management with a demonstrated successful track record
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- In lieu of education/degree requirements, a successful candidate will:Understand how to collaborate with a variety of different people and roles
- Show strong growth mindset and are able to learn from setbacks
- Are comfortable with ambiguity and can break it down as part of a cross-functional team
- Be willing to confront complex problems head on, without fear of lack of solution
- Be relationship-driven, partnership driven, and adaptable
- Value diversity and take pride in cultivating an atmosphere of inclusion of various thoughts, perspectives, identities, and expressions
- Experienced professional whose expertise goes beyond the theoretical and technical knowledge of their field
- Ability to secure 6- and 7-figure transformational gifts to support USA for UNHCR programmatic priorities
- Working knowledge of the global humanitarian and development space; familiarity with the different United Nations agencies preferred
- Demonstrated understanding of a variety of for-profit business models and nonprofit fundraising environments
- Experience in corporate social responsibility (CSR) and environmental, social, and governance (ESG) trends; knowledge of regulatory requirements (i.e. commercial co-venture, Better
- Business Bureau Standard 19, etc.) preferred
- Familiarity with and demonstrated commitment to international human rights is essential
- Outstanding written and verbal interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience communicating complex, large-scale concepts clearly and simply
- Understanding of shared value propositions and partner engagement
- Ability to translate USA for UNHCR s mission and programs into fundraising initiatives that garner financial support
- Ability to troubleshoot and problem solve highly complex issues
- Consistently demonstrates professional maturity and able to tactfully engage with a diverse group of personalities and cultures
- Ability to be flexible, collaborative, and catalytic
- Demonstrates passion for USA for UNHCR’s mission
Remote or Hybrid + New York, NY + May also involve travel to some locations within the company’s region of operations and select donor locations.
$83,777 – $104,722
USA for UNHCR will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
USA for UNHCR is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Refugees and all other protected classes are encouraged to apply.
To apply for this job please visit usaforunhcr.bamboohr.com.