Website United Services Organization
The Major Gifts Officer is responsible for successful implementation of fundraising strategies within their assigned geographic service area and raising donations from individuals and family foundations over $10k.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (*Essential Duties)
- Raise revenue and manage fundraising program activities including but not limited to: relationship strategy development, prospect identification, solicitation and engagement, proposal development, recognition and appreciation efforts as related to current and new major gift income sources in an assigned region.*
- Manage and support individual, family foundation and planned giving developments strategies, initiatives and campaigns within the assigned region.
- Partner with local USO Operations Center leadership and fellow Development staff to support local fundraising events & activations.
- In coordination with Marketing and Communications, create consistent, powerful and compelling messaging as it relates to major gift development efforts.
- Prepare and present oral and written reports.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business Administration or related field. Master’s degree preferred.
- 5+ years work experience in individual, foundation, and corporate giving/sponsorship development role. Relevant experience in a non-profit, military, multicultural and/or global organization preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills. Ability to deliver compelling call-to-action cases to internal and external stakeholders at a variety of levels.
- Solid knowledge of IRS guidelines for charitable contributions and Better Business Bureau Wise Giving Alliance Standards for Charity Accountability.
- Ability to achieve desired results while working collaboratively in a matrix team environment.
- Strong interpersonal and problem-solving skills. Ability to effectively interact with USO Leadership, the general public and military audiences at a variety of levels.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise sound judgment related to controversial and/or culturally sensitive subjects. Ability to handle confidential information with tact and poise.
- Working knowledge of basic business and accounting functions including project management and budgeting.
- Demonstrated initiative/self-motivation, with the ability to quickly and easily adapt to changing organizational needs.
- Ability to manage a high volume of assignments with varying complexity and competing priorities in a fast-paced environment with integrity and professionalism
- Proficiency using computers and electronics equipment. Working knowledge of various software, applications, and programs including but not limited to Microsoft Office Suite and Raiser’s Edge.
- Ability to obtain and maintain proper credentials necessary to access USO Center locations and facilities including but not limited to security, credit and/or background screening, SOFA status, valid driver’s license.
- Must be a strong advocate of the USO’s mission to lift the spirits of America’s troops and their families.
- This position is remote but individual will be required to live within the state of Texas.
- USO locations will adhere to local area and DOD guidelines regarding COVID vaccination/testing requirements. Employees may be required to be vaccinated or tested regularly per local requirements.
- Resume and cover letter are required for full consideration.
- Background check – education, criminal and driving required.
To apply for this job please visit uso.clearcompany.com.