Website NSF International
Implement integrated sustainability practices across global business operations, demonstrating social and environmental responsibility in a way that supports the growth of NSF International and establishes the organization as a leader in corporate sustainability.
Key Job Responsibilities Including But Not Limited To
- Lead global change management towards corporate sustainability goals.
- Manage the development of key sustainability activities within NSF’s global functions and regions.
- Act as NSF’s spokesperson for corporate sustainability initiatives and promote NSF’s corporate sustainability efforts externally.
- Represent NSF externally at conferences and events in coordination with Business Development, Marketing, and Sustainability teams.
- Ensure regular and effective communication around corporate sustainability efforts with senior leadership and Board of Directors.
- Engage key internal stakeholders and solicit their input to enhance and develop NSF’s strategy. Liaise with experts from the sustainability industry to solicit best practices and then incorporate them into NSF’s strategy and operations.
- Develop and update 3-year strategic plans, 1-year initiatives, and quarterly projects to expand the global impact of corporate sustainability programs.
- Using current and future best practices and trends, establish baselines, goals, initiatives, and key metrics for sustainability projects and programs that improve energy usage, emissions, water and waste footprints and corporate social responsibility in NSF business locations around the world.
- Ensure timely and accurate CSR-related data collection and analytics at the corporate and site level to monitor and assess progress towards achieving company goals. Collaborate with facilities, departments, projects, sourcing, finance, and other teams to collectively meet program goals and ensure regular and accurate collection.
- Perform materiality assessments, prioritize initiatives, develop budgets and timelines, and implement projects in accordance with company-wide budget planning and strategic planning calendar.
- Produce an annual sustainability report.
- Provide regular communications and training events to drive global employee participation, understanding and support of corporate sustainability initiatives.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
Job Requirements & Preferences:
- A minimum of seven (7) years’ experience executing superior sustainability project management with a masters’ degree, or 10+ years of relevant experience.
- Subject matter expertise in environmental and social sustainability.
- Experience in completing materiality assessments, producing corporate sustainability reports, and use of sustainability reporting frameworks.
- Demonstrated ability to build strong customer relationships, understand customer needs and deliver customer-centric solutions aligned with the mission and goals.
- Experience developing and implementing strategy.
- Demonstrated business acumen, including ability to build relationships, interpret financial indicators, adopt innovative ideas and apply knowledge of the business to advance organization’s goals.
- Demonstrated ability to build and lead teams, including selecting and developing talent, building trust, coaching team members and managing performance resulting in high performing teams
- A minimum of two (2) years in a leadership role.
- Experience in leading integrated initiatives across business functions (facilities management, human resources, finance, and marketing) by engaging appropriate internal stakeholders and technical experts.
- Advanced degree with a focus on sustainability (MBA, MS or other).
- A successful track record in managing integrated corporate sustainability projects with a focus on one or more of the following areas: energy efficiency, water efficiency, waste reduction, GHG emissions reduction, and/or change management.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge and experience in ESG reporting and data mining techniques. Must have experience in sustainability reporting and working with ESG rating agencies such as ISS. Advanced understanding of ESG standards/trends and Global Reporting Initiative sustainability frameworks.
- Familiarity with sustainability reporting metrics and schemes including strong data analytics skills (including database development, process implementation and management, and reporting).
- Advanced knowledge of ISO 14001, 50001 and related environmental and social management systems.
- Well informed with a sophisticated understanding of materiality issues related to social, economic and environmental impacts when prioritizing CSR trends relevant to NSF’s business to create shared-value at the company and with key stakeholders.
- Collaborative with a global mindset, engages with internal and external stakeholders across regions, divisions and functions to achieve business results.
- Ability to understand, develop and drive CSR related strategies throughout a complex, multi-faceted organization.
- Communicate with impact and help build the business case for CSR initiatives with internal and external parties/partners.
- Ability to problem solve and deliver results, support projects from planning to execution phase, including tracking deliverables and timelines and measuring impacts.
- Must actively model all NSF core values: We demand the highest ethics and integrity. We operate using sound scientific principles. We respect and care for one another. We promote personal and professional growth. We foster innovation and creativity. We demonstrate social and environmental responsibility. We High proficiency in spoken and written English.
- Highly organized, with strong attention to detail and data accuracy.
- High level of initiative (self-starter) with ability to determine own assignments and follow through with minimal supervision.
- Strong research and analytical skills, as well as writing, editing and proofreading skills.
- Proficient in Excel, PowerPoint and Microsoft Word
- Ability to master technical data and information.
- Ability to travel globally as needed.
Education and Certification Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree with a focus on Business Administration, Economics, Sustainability, Data Analytics, Environmental Science, Agricultural Science. MBA strongly preferred.
- Some global travel may be required.
At NSF International, our mission is to protect and improve human health. We’re a global leader in standards development, testing, auditing, certification and training. We provide these services for a diverse set of industries including food, water, heal
Consulting and Technical Services
NSF International is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things
To apply for this job please visit nsfintl.taleo.net.