Website Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Washington
The Senior Director of Development is responsible for leading and directing BGCGW’s individual and corporate fundraising initiatives including annual fund, planned giving and special events. This leader is proactive, responsible and has experience supervising, building and maintaining strong professional relationships in a fast-paced work environment. This role will keep the annual fund going and growing with a development team as BGCGW embarks on a comprehensive campaign over the next five years.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop long-term strategic and operational plans to meet and exceed annual revenue fundraising goals – increasing 10% annually.
- Supervise a high performing and tight knit development and communications team; determine individual fundraising and management goals.
- Collaborate with the CDO and CEO to develop and implement BGCGW short-term and long range financial and development strategic plans.
- Collaborate with the CDO to manage the development committee focused on annual fundraising after the comprehensive campaign cabinet has fully formed. • Strategize, cultivate and solicit individual and corporate annual fund donors in order to reach specified revenue goals and objectives.
- Establish performance measures, monitor results and evaluate the effectiveness of BGCGW’s development programs and initiatives.
- Lead host recruitment for small events such as house dinners, receptions and other cultivation activities.
- Market best practices and re-invigorate our planned giving program via the 1886 Society to promote and facilitate legacy gifts.
- Maintain accountability to database, administrative systems and procedures. • Administrative work and other duties as assigned.
- Four-year degree from an accredited college or university, master’s degree preferred. • At least 10 years work experience in nonprofit development, including at least five years of staff management and a track record of closing six-figure gifts and growing annual giving programs.
- Commitment to the mission of BGCGW – must adhere to the highest ethical standards, demonstrate an empathetic disposition and perseverance, and convey sensitivity to the needs of donors, staff and volunteers.
- Team-focused, must enjoy and be successful at leading teams and able to roll up one’s sleeves and make things happen as an individual.
- Flexibility, must be comfortable collaborating across multiple departments, six regional boards and 15 Club locations in the greater Washington DC area.
- Excellent attention to details and follow through as demonstrated through effective project management experience.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written.
- Presents a high degree of sophistication, self-confidence and self-motivation – ability to keep calm under pressure.
- Comfort multi-tasking multiple deadlines and projects and follow through. • CRM (Raiser’s Edge NXT, DonorPerfect, Salesforce, etc.) experience preferred. • Must be able to work at BGCGW headquarters, 4103 Benning Road NE, Washington DC, during normal operations, as well as working remotely during COVID-19.
- Must have strong home internet connection (work laptop and cell phone will be provided). • Must own a car.
- Evening and weekend work to be anticipated and expected.
- This position is sedentary and located at 4103 Benning Road, NE, Washington, DC during normal operations.
- Requires the ability to speak, hear, and use a personal computer for standard business communications.
Please apply online via AFP-DC or indeed.com with a cover letter including desired salary and resume to Kimberly Lane, Chief Development Officer, email@example.com
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the individual(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required. Management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and to assign other duties as necessary. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.