Website National Multiple Sclerosis Society
Together We Are Stronger
We are more than an organization. We are a movement. United in our collective power to do something about MS now and end this disease forever. At the National MS Society you have the opportunity to make a real difference in the lives of those living with MS and their families.
As a member of the Society team, you’ll work in an environment that values collaboration, innovation, diverse perspectives, and most of all a relentless resolve so people with MS can live their best lives.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our Development team as a Senior Manager of Leadership Events. The Senior Manager, Leadership Events oversees the fundraising campaign and event experience, ensuring the assigned revenue portfolio reaches budgeted revenue of $750K+. The Senior Manager will work closely with volunteer leadership to acquire and retain donors and corporate supporters. This position will support other leadership events in market as needed to drive forward strong revenue outcomes and event experiences.
Generates $750K in Leadership Events revenue while providing leadership, accountability and direction for a volunteer team throughout the assigned event revenue portfolio (80%)
- Develop campaign plans, fundraising goals and objectives that support Society strategies; manage the implementation of fundraising plans ensuring that adequate resources are provided to successfully accomplish goals and objectives.
- Lead the acquisition of new donors and corporate supporters, along with drive retention strategies to ensure campaign achievement.
- Procurement of auction items for dinner
- Provide guidance and leadership to a volunteer fundraising committee, partnering closely with Event Chair.
- Collaborate with the Individual Giving and Major Gift Team to ensure a unified approach to major donors who are also event participants or corporate sponsors.
- Manage the budget for assigned Leadership Events ensuring that revenue and expenses are effectively managed and adjusted throughout the fiscal year as indicated or needed; provide progress reports and revenue/expense projections to the Sr. Director, Leadership Events.
- Use market research, industry and competitive data to analyze and develop future direction to increase fundraising.
- Ensure high-end customer service for the Society’s contributors with timely acknowledgments and year-round stewardship.
Additional Responsibilities: (10%)
- Engage with staff and volunteers to keep local strategies and initiatives in line with organizational priorities
- Ensure proper mechanisms are in place to appropriately receive and account for donations and expenses.
- Confirm all donor records are accurately recorded into the national database to facilitate donor recognition.
Volunteer Engagement & Management (10%)
- Increase the number of Society volunteers focused on Leadership Events by recognizing and recruiting talent
- Ensure volunteer behaviors are aligned with Society Operating Principles; provide timely feedback and coaching to improve performance and behaviors.
- Motivate and engage with volunteers in order to build action-oriented volunteer leadership committees for fundraising and event experience
Minimum Education Required:
- Bachelor of Arts or Science
Minimum Experience/Skills/Competencies Required:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum of 5-7 years of progressive development and campaign/event experience
- Previous non-profit management experience required
- Experience building and leading executive level fundraising committees
- Results driven style and proven track record of sales/fundraising success
- Proven success building sustainable corporate relationships/sponsorships at $10,000+
- Thorough understanding and experience with corporate and individual giving
- Experience in preparing and managing significant operating budgets
- Self-starter, motivated individual who can deliver on goals independently
- Ability to quickly build credibility within and outside of the organization and make an immediate contribution to accomplishing key priorities
- Demonstrated success in building a productive, cohesive team of staff and volunteer leaders
- Creative and energetic individual who functions well within a fast-paced, team environment, which includes cross-department collaboration
- Ability to work well with volunteers, staff and a variety of constituents is essential
- Outstanding customer experience and services abilities
- Superb verbal, written and communication skills, diplomacy, and discretion
- Ability to manage and motivate groups, both internally and externally
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Advanced computer abilities (MS Outlook, Word, Power Point, Excel, on-line fundraising tools, databases);
- Must have access to personal transportation, and be able and willing to drive throughout the state approximately 15% of the time;
- Ability to work selected nights and weekends, especially the month leading up to the event.
- Compensation and Benefits Information
Estimated compensation range for this role is $50,000 – $60,000 annually. Final offers will be based on candidate geographic location, consider career experience and may vary from this range due to these factors.
You will have the opportunity for a highly competitive, comprehensive benefit package that the Society provides to employees. Your benefits include a considerable Paid Time Off Plan; Paid Holidays; 401k Retirement Savings Plan with Society match; Educational Reimbursement Plan; Professional Development Assistance; Commuter Benefit Plan; Comprehensive Health & Welfare benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Flex Spending Accounts, Life Insurance, Disability Coverage, Life Assistance Plan as well as additional voluntary benefit offerings. We value continuous learning and support your professional development through a Professional Development Assistance plan. You will join an incredible mission focused team of people!
The National MS Society is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce. We strive to create a workforce that reflects the communities we serve and where everyone feels empowered to bring their authentic selves to work. We need you and your unique talents and perspectives to help us write the last chapter on MS.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.adp.com.