The National Park Foundation (NPF) seeks a driven and collaborative professional to fulfill the position of Senior Director, Corporate Partnerships.
The Senior Director joins at a pivotal moment in NPF’s history. The Foundation has been in growth mode since 2015 and is on a trajectory to double its revenue and impact over the next few years. This individual will be a strategic leader on the new business team focused on identifying and securing diversified corporate revenue opportunities in support of the in support of NPF’s mission to protect America’s most treasured places and connect more people to them. This position offers an exciting opportunity for the successful candidate to drive impact, revenue, and brand visibility for NPF, and make a significant impact on America’s national parks.
Reporting to the Vice President of New Business Development, Corporate Partnerships, the Senior Director will join an award-winning program to help grow and maximize an already impressive roster of highly visible national partners. In this role, the Senior Director will build and manage a personal portfolio of 6-8 figure potential partnerships. This candidate will be expected to work collaboratively across the External Affairs and Programs and Partnerships teams to develop industry outreach strategies and compelling partnership proposals to engage leading global corporations and corporate foundations to invest in NPF’s mission.
Corporate Partnerships at NPF is part of the External Affairs team, reporting up to the Chief of External Affairs and ensuring strong alignment and collaboration with peers in marketing, communications, content and social, brand management, and government relations.
The ideal candidate will be a creative, solutions-oriented sales professional with demonstrated experience in building and negotiating successful corporate partnerships to support meaningful impact and meet mutual business objectives. Experience in a national non-profit corporate program, a corporate social responsibility office, or a social impact agency would position a candidate well for this role.
This is a full-time position which may be remotely based. For employees who live in the Washington DC area, NPF operates in a hybrid work environment from our Washington, DC office where staff are expected to work from the office 8days per month. Additionally, this position will require some travel with expenses paid to attend pitch meetings, tradeshows, educational conferences, and partner activations.
Please note that candidates may be asked to complete a proposal writing exercise during the interview process and provide writing samples.
WORKING AT NPF
The National Park Foundation (NPF) works in partnership with the National Park Service (NPS) to enrich America’s national parks through private support, safeguarding our heritage and inspiring generations of national park enthusiasts. Chartered by Congress in 1967, the National Park Foundation is founded on a legacy that began more than a century ago, when private citizens from all walks of life took action to establish and protect our national parks.
Today, the National Park Foundation carries on that tradition as the only national charitable nonprofit whose mission is to directly support America’s 420+ national park units. As the National Park Service’s official nonprofit partner, the National Park Foundation supports projects and programs across the system. We protect our natural, cultural, and historical heritage and connect people to all that the parks have to offer through our work.
For more information on the full range of programs and projects supported by the National Park Foundation, please review our website at www.nationalparks.org.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Responsible for developing and securing 6-8 figure, multi-year commitments from Fortune 500 and other large national brands to meet annual team goals while driving impact, revenue, and brand visibility for NPF.
- Solicit, cultivate, steward, and negotiate prospective corporate partners through sponsorship, cause
marketing, licensing, and philanthropic grants.
- Build and manage a pipeline of prospects through proactive identification and outreach, as well as responding to incoming leads.
- Work with internal stakeholders (and outside agencies of record) to develop strategies and
programs to drive corporate partnerships.
- Develop and deliver presentations and proposals to corporate executives via in person pitch
meetings, video calls, written proposals, and online grant applications.
- Represent NPF and develop new leads by presenting at and/or attending industry conferences, trade shows, and stay current on marketing and partnership trends.
- Prepare NPF leadership and board members for participation in high-level corporate pitch meetings
- Work effectively with internal representatives from other departments including Programs & Partnerships, Marketing, Communications, and Finance to develop and execute corporate partnerships
- Collaborate with the Director of Account Management with an emphasis on structuring partnerships with significant incremental revenue potential as well as account staff within the Corporate Partnership team to transition new partners to ensure seamless relationship management
- Adhere to NPF brand standards and policies as well as those of our partner, the National Park
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
The ideal candidate should have the following:
- Demonstrated success in corporate partnership development, fundraising and/or account management
- Direct experience in soliciting and securing 6-8 figure corporate partnerships
- An understanding of corporate sector trends, particularly brand marketing, stakeholder engagement, sustainability, and social impact
- Experience developing cause marketing campaigns and a strong understanding of cause partnership best practices, licensing, consumer trends, social and digital platforms
- Strong communications, presentation and interpersonal skills with a high degree of confidence in interacting with senior executives
- A creative approach to developing new partnership platforms and fundraising approaches to evolve with NPF’s strategic needs
- Proficiency in prioritizing tasks; ability to think strategically; strong project and time management skills
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent, with 10+ years of professional experience
- 6-8 years of successful fundraising, sponsorship sales and/or business development experience
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience working with public sector partners, at federal, state, or local level is beneficial, but not required
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
The National Park Foundation offers a competitive salary and benefits program. Employees who are based in DC at NPF’s newly designed headquarters will also have access to an onsite fitness facility, exciting downtown Washington, DC community and a variety of metro stations.
DESCRIPTION OF PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
- All NPF employees are required to be fully vaccinated and to submit proof of vaccination to Human Resources. Booster shots are required based on the timing recommended by the CDC and proof of boosters should be submitted to Human Resources as well.
- Remote candidates will be considered for this full-time position. For employees based in the Washington DC area, NPF operates in a hybrid work environment from our headquarters in Washington DC where staff are expected to work from the office 8 days per month.
- Willingness and ability to travel 25% will be expected with expenses paid to participate in corporate prospect pitch meetings, conferences, or tradeshows when normal operations resume.
National Park Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.