Website National Park Foundation
Coordinator, Corporate Partnerships, New Business Development
The National Park Foundation seeks an experienced business development professional to fulfill the position of Coordinator, Corporate Partnerships, New Business Development. This position will be responsible for supporting and contributing to tasks and projects associated with recruitment of new corporate partners in support of the National Park Foundation. This position offers an exciting opportunity for the successful candidate to make a significant impact on the future of private philanthropy and corporate partnerships in benefiting our National Parks.
The Coordinator will assist in research and identification of new business prospects and development of outreach strategies to secure new corporate partnerships that will drive revenue and garner marketing exposure for the Foundation and our federal agency partner, the National Park Service (NPS).
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
• Research, identify and help pursue prospective partners. Assess alignment with NPS/NPF strategic priorities and goals
• Provide support in strategic cultivation, proposal development, negotiation of partnership terms and contract development.
• Manage prospect vetting process in collaboration with NPS.
• Capture notes, and lead follow up and next steps from new businesses meetings including research and development of creative partnership activations that can drive business objectives.
• Track the most recent contact information, action items and proposals to maintain new business progress in Raiser’s Edge, NPF’s fundraising database.
• Maintain accurate information on current marketing and partnership trends across categories, share with the new business team for possible integration into pitch materials and presentations.
• Develop and maintain new business team resources to increase efficiencies and ensure access to quality collateral and other materials.
• Manage incoming partnership inquiries, assess initial feasibility, making strategic recommendations to new business directors on key priorities.
• Identify conferences and tradeshows for new business prospecting and assist with outreach to secure in-person meetings at events.
• Work effectively with internal representatives from other departments including Grants & Programs, Marketing and Communications to identify opportunities for new business prospects.
• Provide account briefings and reporting on corporate development activity on a regular basis.
• Collaborate with new business directors and account management staff within the Corporate Partnership team to transition new partners to account managers to ensure seamless relationship management.
• Adhere to NPF brand standards and policies as well as those of our partner, the National Park Service.
• Demonstrate a commitment to NPF, the National Park Service, and America’s national parks.
• Protect and steward the National Park Service brand.
• Work with internal stakeholders (and outside agencies of record) to conduct research on prospects that will drive corporate partnerships.
• Work with fellow team members to steward existing corporate partnerships and foster long-term corporate partners and relationships.
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
The ideal candidate should have the following:
• Demonstrated experience in fundraising and relationship management.
• Direct experience in developing pitches to solicit corporate partnerships with Fortune 500 companies.
• A good understanding of current marketing principles, consumer trends, metrics, platforms (i.e. social media, email communication, etc.), and methodology.
• Strong, effective written and verbal communications and presentation skills.
• A creative approach to developing new partnership ideas that can support sales efforts
• A passion for America’s national parks.
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Completion of Bachelor’s degree and 2-3 years in fundraising, new business development or a related field.
• Experience conducting prospect research and developing pitch materials
• Demonstrable ability to work independently in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment
• Excellent time management and organizational skills
• Demonstrated ability to build relationships at all levels of an organization.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office and PowerPoint, and experience with Raiser’s Edge a plus.
• Non-profit experience preferred, but not required.
DESCRIPTION OF PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to operate office equipment and computing resources.
• Employee frequently is required to sit; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, and often required to stand and walk.
• Employee must be able to sit for periods of time using office equipment and computer.
• Position may require moderate lifting of supplies and materials from time to time.
• The working environment is a general office environment with low noise level.
• Willingness and ability to travel frequently for this position.
• Professional attire is required.
The National Park Foundation, in partnership with the National Park Service, enriches America’s national parks and programs through private support, safeguarding our heritage and inspiring generations of national park enthusiasts.
Chartered by Congress in 1967, the National Park Foundation is rooted in a legacy that began more than a century ago, when private citizens from all walks of life took action to establish and protect our national parks. Today, the National Park Foundation carries on that tradition as the only national charitable nonprofit whose mission is to directly support the National Park Service.
• If you know you are the perfect candidate for this position, we want to hear from you. Please submit your cover letter, resume and salary history by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate “COR-CORP” in the subject line of the e-mail.
National Park Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Candidates of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com