Website National MS Society
The Account Manager, Corporate Pharmaceutical Relations is a member of the development department and, as such, must maintain a broad knowledge of development and Society strategies and operations, uphold our culture, contribute to strategic and operational discussions and ensure the achievement of the Society plan and budget. A primary responsibility is to work effectively with staff in all other functions and with volunteers.
Pivotal to the Society’s fundraising efforts is support and engagement from the corporate community. Corporate partners are changing the world for people affected by MS in several ways: through corporate sponsorships, corporate gifts and grants, fundraising teams, matching gifts, employee volunteerism grants and more. Corporate support is approximately $20 million or roughly 10% of the Society’s total annual revenue not including additional dollars raised through corporate fundraising teams. The Corporate Engagement Team is responsible for $8M in national partnerships revenue annually.
The Account Manager, Corporate Pharmaceutical Relations will play an important role in supporting the execution of national corporate pharmaceutical relationships. He/she will report to the Sr. Director, Pharmaceutical Relations and will work closely with the Corporate Engagement team, members of Marketing, and Development staff across the country to ensure fulfillment of sponsor benefits, onsite logistics and communication as appropriate.
The Account Manager will manage day-to-day delivery and activation for cash sponsor benefits and initiate renewals through developing ROI data, metrics and materials. In this capacity, he or she will clearly understand the partner’s interests and objectives for engaging with the Society and proactively looking for new areas of opportunity and engagement to deepen the relationship. The Account Managers will hold a portfolio of secured relationships and assist in the acquisition of new corporate partnership opportunities.
Additionally, the Account Manager will work help develop standardized resources, tools and training to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the corporate partner experience.
1. Corporate sponsorship execution, fulfillment and logistics 40%
– Supports information gathering/research to develop proposed partnership strategy
– Works with staff to execute partnerships, outlining expectations, timeline and management of sponsorship fulfillment and logistics, and supporting staff communication
– Working closely with Marketing to execute sponsorship benefits on core materials, signage, digital and social assets, etc.
– Coordinates onsite sponsorship execution and logistics with local development staff
– Ensures collection of assets and reporting required to complete sponsorship ROI/recap and/or services outcomes report; produces recap or outcomes report accordingly
– Supports invoicing and tracking of sponsorship fees and payments
– Ensure accountability to Society corporate and brand guidelines, business processes and protocols, information sharing, etc.
2. Corporate relationship development and management 40%
– Understands corporate partner overall engagement with the Society and strategic objectives and works to cultivate secured relationships over time, introducing new areas of opportunity
– Works closely with Corporate Engagement team, and staff across the country that liaise with sponsor representatives to ensure execution of partnership and ensure corporate stewardship
– Supports onsite execution in key markets as appropriate and needed based on strategic relationships management
– Holds a portfolio of secured corporate cash relationships for benefits execution.
3. Corporate resource support and training 20%
– Supports the Corporate Engagement team with the development of standardized resources and tools for department
– Works closely with Corporate Engagement leadership to develop business practices surrounding sponsorship fulfillment and implementation
– Supports implementation of corporate training to ensure staff understand strategic direction and utilize resources and tools accessible to support their work
– Leads partner-specific training to ensure fulfillment of benefits and stewardship of relationship across the country
– Supports data and resource needs for the Corporate Relations staff team, including pulling reports on sponsorship revenue
- Bachelor of Arts or Science preferably in Business, Marketing, Communications, Advertising, Nonprofit Management
- Must demonstrate an ongoing commitment to the cultural values, mission, and vision of the National Multiple Sclerosis Society.
- Minimum of three to five years of demonstrated successful resource development, sales and/or account management experience; successful track record with planning, managing and initiating corporate relationships is essential; experience developing cause marketing campaigns and working with high level corporate representatives and volunteer Board members is a plus.
- Proficiency in prioritizing tasks; ability to think strategically; strong project and time management skills; excellent verbal and written presentation skills; superior interpersonal and communication skills required (oral and written); problem resolution skills and intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office. Demonstrated high standards of ethics and integrity. Must be a self-starter with strong leadership, management, and communication skills. Ability to build and manage project budgets is required. Ability to manage multiple projects/initiatives at one time, as well as proactively troubleshoot challenges. Ability to understand and articulate Society objectives and priorities and connect that to partner interests.
- Travel required estimated at 15%, including weekends, depending upon scheduling requirements. The Account Manager position must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license and be able to navigate areas of the country by using a map or other direction methods. Ability to travel by car and airplane.
- Ability to create relationships and collaborate with corporate representation and internally with Society staff across departments and among leadership.
- Ability to track corporate partnership revenue and budget expenditures and report status is essential.
- Proficiency in Microsoft office products. Knowledge of multi-channel marketing and awareness opportunities to deliver partners’ desired goals.
- Ability to understand and effectively communicate with partners in the business community and/or pharmaceutical industry landscape.
Compensation & Benefits Information
Estimated compensation range for this role is $48,700 – $57,900 annually. Final offers will be based on candidate geographic location, consider career experience and may vary from this range due to these factors.
You will have the opportunity for a highly competitive, comprehensive benefit package that the Society provides to employees. Your benefits include a considerable Paid Time Off Plan; Paid Holidays; 401k Retirement Savings Plan with Society match; Educational Reimbursement Plan; Professional Development Assistance; Commuter Benefit Plan; Comprehensive Health & Welfare benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Flex Spending Accounts, Life Insurance, Disability Coverage, Life Assistance Plan as well as additional voluntary benefit offerings. We value continuous learning and support your professional development through a Professional Development Assistance plan. You will join an incredible mission focused team of people!
The National MS Society is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce. We strive to create a workforce that reflects the communities we serve and where everyone feels empowered to bring their authentic selves to work. We need you and your unique talents and perspectives to help us write the last chapter on MS.
All offers of employment are contingent upon the candidate showing proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (with a COVID-19 FDA-approved vaccine or a COVID-19 vaccine granted Emergency Use Authorization) by the date of hire. A candidate is considered fully vaccinated two weeks after receiving the second dose of a two-dose vaccine (Pfizer or Moderna) or one dose of a single dose vaccine (Johnson & Johnson/Janssen) or as defined by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Candidates unable to be vaccinated, either because of a sincerely held religious belief or a medical condition or disability that prevents them from being vaccinated, can request a reasonable accommodation.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.adp.com.