Website National 4-H Council
Council seeks a Development Director, Cause Marketing to unlock the magic of the 4-H brand to drive new revenue opportunities from corporations and brands, with a focus on unrestricted revenue in support of the Resource Development (RD) fundraising goal. The Development Director will report to and collaborate with the Senior Director, Development and Brand Partnerships and RD leadership to manage and grow pioneering partnerships, cause marketing campaigns and sponsorships with high-profile corporate partners to support Council, and Cooperative Extension’s 4-H program.
The Development Director will play a significant role in the development and design of annual pipeline planning, corporate stewardship strategy, and processes. The Development Director will have direct revenue goals, which includes coordinating solicitation of partnerships ranging from $50K to $1M+, in addition to sharing collective responsibility for larger team revenue goals to support unrestricted operational efforts as well as brand and visibility initiatives. This position will help shape the full corporate strategy to steward critically important partnerships, to enhance existing business and support collaborative efforts internally.
He/she/they will strategize and contribute to all areas of RD’s team including planning, prospecting & cultivation, new business development, donor deliverables and reporting. This position may be responsible for managing direct reports.
- Secure and steward an annual portfolio of $500K – $2M with leading partner brands to support the organization and resource development team revenue goals, with oversight responsibility for the day-to-day execution and stewardship of partners including raising incremental funds, increasing awareness, and engage consumers
- Collaborate with Senior Director to implement fundraising strategy and pipeline to steward current donors and grow the portfolio in collaboration with new business team members
- Drive new business development and moves management through research, discovery meetings, attendance at conferences, and engagement at other events
- Develop unique fundraising concepts and strategies that further partners’ business objectives and ensure year-over-year growth of partnership revenues
- Bachelor’s degree in nonprofit management, public administration, business administration, sales management, marketing, or related discipline, or equivalent in work experience
- Five years of proven experience in sales, cause marketing, consumer/retail promotions, and project management in a nonprofit agency, or related environment
- Five years of proven experience in successful corporate fundraising and relationship management experience
- Strong prospecting skills and work collaboratively with lead generation efforts
- Working knowledge of Better Business Bureau standards regarding charitable solicitations and state regulations regarding Commercial Co-Ventures desired.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Dynamics or equivalent fundraising/CRM software preferred
To apply for this job please visit jobs.mckinleymarketingpartners.com.