Website Meals on Wheels America
Overview of Meals on Wheels America
Meals on Wheels America is the leadership organization supporting the more than 5,000 community-based programs across the country that are dedicated to addressing senior hunger and isolation. Powered by a dedicated volunteer workforce, this network delivers a comprehensive solution that begins with a meal and is proven to enable independence and well-being through the additional benefits of tailored nutrition, social connection, safety and much more. By providing funding, programming, education, research and advocacy, Meals on Wheels America empowers its local member programs to strengthen their communities, one senior at a time. For more information, or to find a Meals on Wheels provider near you, visit www.mealsonwheelsamerica.org.
This position reports to the Chief Development and Marketing Officer (CDMO) and is an Arlington, VA based, flexible hybrid working role. Under the direction of the CDMO, the Senior Director, Strategic Partnerships will lead a team of partnership professionals focused on expanding and diversifying corporate revenue opportunities in support of Meals on Wheels America’s mission.
The Senior Director will be charged with taking the team to new level of growth and sophistication, pursuing transformational partnership opportunities with leading corporations, foundations and engaging consumers, employees and other key stakeholders in the Meals on Wheels movement through creative and innovative partnership programs. They and their team will play a critical role in delivering significant contributed revenues through annual and multi-year partnership commitments.
Additionally, the Senior Director will ensure strong alignment and collaboration with peers in marketing, communications, strategy and impact, brand management, and advocacy and will advise on key opportunities and issues that impact the organization.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead the strategic partnerships team to create and execute a business development and account management strategy that meets/exceeds annual revenue goal
- Manage key relationships with organizational partners, and take the lead on executing against strategies and annual goals
- Lead prospecting, solicitation, partnership development and stewardship for key accounts including retention activities
- Create an outreach strategy aligned to the organizational strategy with a focus on engaging a variety of industries/market sectors
- Help conceive and actively manage partnership programs and fundraising campaigns
- Build a pipeline of prospects and create a diverse and active portfolio of accounts
- Proactively track points of contact and maintain routine, meaningful touch points
- Identify and communicate relevant content to specific individuals and leaders on an ongoing basis
- Work with the CDMO to monitor fiscal activities and control expenditures in accordance with budget allocations
- Create dynamic, strategic and engaging presentations; deliver and execute proposals and agreements
- Develop and share information, resources and provide trainings with the Meals on Wheels network to enhance growth and capacity building
- 10+ years of corporate fundraising, business development, or equivalent experience
- Deep experience managing high-performing teams responsible for meeting revenue and brand goals
- Advanced knowledge of all forms of corporate partnerships/philanthropy and a track record of managing complex relationships in a professional environment
- A proven track record of leveraging corporate partnerships to advance programmatic impact
- Demonstrated personal success in securing, retaining and growing multimillion-dollar partnerships
- Leadership presence in delivering a case for support to the highest-level donors and partners
- Strong computer skills with experience in MS Office Suite, Microsoft 365.
- Familiarity with Zoom, Teams, and other virtual meetings, webinar, and training platforms a plus.
- Models the Association’s cultural attributes of collaboration, learning, accountability, and service, augmented by a strong commitment to Race Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion
Candidates meeting 75% or more of the above qualifications should apply.
Meals on Wheels America is an Inclusive Workforce/Employer and encourages applications from qualified persons of every race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, and disability.
To apply for this job please visit mealsonwheelsamerica.bamboohr.com.