Are you looking to start a career in cause marketing for a well-known consumer brand? Macy’s is currently seeking a Coordinator, Giving & Volunteerism, Cause Campaigns who will help implement our annual calendar of customer-focused fundraising campaigns, with a passion for making life shine brighter for our customers. This position is based in New York City and reports to the Manager, Cause Campaigns as part of the Corporate Communications function.
This role will join a team of existing and new talent across a world-class internal and external communications team all working together to build a strong function at Macy’s.
The Coordinator, Cause Campaigns will support the strategy and execution of Macy’s national and regional Cause Marketing campaigns and initiatives. Perform other duties as assigned.
- Works closely with the Manager to assist with the planning and execution of all national Cause Marketing campaigns, as well as any regional events and initiatives.
- Drafts campaign support materials, such as contact and distribution lists, key messages, store execution memos, and marketing briefs. Routes marketing collateral, press releases, etc., for approval.
- Tracks and analyzes campaign performance, gathers key performance indicators from cross-functional teams, and creates campaign recaps and year-end reports.
- Gathers and summarizes relevant customer, colleague, and industry research related to Cause Marketing.
- Ensures that all contractual agreements are upheld by Macy’s and our nonprofit partners (timely donation of funds, registration of co-venture agreements, etc.).
- Communicates with non-profit partners, internal teams and stores as needed to ensure projects are effectively completed.
- Supports Manager with fielding and responding to varied requests from stores and local charities.
- Provides coordination and support for meetings/calls.
- Handles all administration and finance needs (creating purchase orders, processing invoices, managing expense, etc.).
- Provides minimal admin, calendar and expense support to the VP Giving & Volunteerism.
- Regular, dependable attendance & punctuality
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, or public relations preferred.
- Experience in the areas of marketing, public relations, communications, corporate giving or nonprofit management preferred.
- 1-3 years of internal or Stores/Retail communications experience; in-house experience a must.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (including presentation experience in front of groups of various sizes).
- Ability to read, write, and interpret instructional documents such as reports and procedure manuals.
- Must have above average mathematical skills, including the ability to compute rates, ratios, and percentages, and the ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference.
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- This position involves regular walking, standing, sitting for extended periods of time, hearing, and talking.
- May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
- May involve close vision, color vision, depth perception, focus adjustment, and viewing computer monitor for extended periods of time.
- Involves manual dexterity for using keyboard, mouse, and other office equipment.
- May involve moving or lifting items under 10 pounds.
- Innovative, creative, proactive and confident thinker.
- Team player and collaborator; able to work simultaneously with many internal stakeholders.
- Flexible approach to work with ability to toggle between projects and priorities in a high pressure environment.
- Strong organizational and editing skills with a keen eye for detail.
- Advanced use of Microsoft Office suite, particularly Excel, and other software programs.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and store/company needs.
This job description is not all inclusive. Macy’s Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy’s Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.
To apply for this job please visit www.macysjobs.com.